Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: Tablet
Accepted Solution

Blackberry World Not Functioning?????

For the past couple of days, I have been unable to purchase apps. The page pops up that "the payment server/system is busy.....try the transaction later." This, of course, is not a problem. However, it has become very frustrating since it has gone on for days now and I would like to purchase a full version to a game that has left me hanging..lol. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what is going on, as there is no way to call bb world to inquire there about the issue. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Blackberry World Not Functioning?????

Hello islandreamingma,

This may be caused by the incorrect country be selected in Settings. Go to Settings on the BlackBerry PlayBook, Select Language and change the Country/Region to current country.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: Tablet

Re: Blackberry World Not Functioning????? BREAKTHROUGH

[ Edited ]

Nope....Checked those settings. Even though they were set correctly, I even tried changing them and then changing them back....just in case there was a fluke of some type. Still no luck. The other day, I thought I was getting somewhere because rather than the "payment system" message, a spinning circle and the word "authenticating" appeared. Unfortunately, it never proceeded past that point and hours later was back to the "payment system" message. Any other suggestions??  Thank-you for your efforts and time.

Sorry....I just realized...I went to BB world again...and realized that it won't even let me pull down the "payment options" tab at the top. I was going to see if there had been any changes made there by chance. 

BREAKTHRU....at least for me...I hope it might work for others, as well. I kept going through the questions/solutions offered here as well as other places and kind of tried a mish mash. Here are the steps I went through that worked:

*I cleared the cache on Blackberry World following the instructions for playbook....there are different ways to clear it depending on your device.

*Next, I cleared the cache and cookies on my browser and rebooted my tablet...not sure if helped...but did anyway.

*When everything started back up, I pulled Blackberry World back up and pulled down payment options (which was finally able to be accessed) and it showed my correct card information.

*Though it then gave me the option to reenter my credit card information, I was a bit leery about it...so I decided to go ahead and try to purchase the app with the information it must already have had stored....and everything FINALLY worked!!!!!