Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry app world keeps saying 'AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER'

Hi there

I have a blackberry 8520 and everytime I try and download something from the app world it keeps giving me the error message of ' an error has occured. Please try again later' this started happening when I upgraded my app world.

I have rebooted my phone, restarted it and made sure its fully charged. This has been going on since saturday (when I upgraded my app world)

I cannot download any apps because of this problem. And when I try I keep getting the Error msg!!!!!

Please help as I really enjoy the phone I just can't download any apps!!!!!!

Thanx
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry app world keeps saying 'AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER'

Hi there!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 8520

Re: Blackberry app world keeps saying 'AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER'

how to Resend Service Books?

KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

thks

New Contributor

Hi I'm having the same problem. I tried all the steps that you listed above but its still doing the same thing. Is there anything else I can try or is there something wrong with my blackberry. Everything else works perfectly besides my app world. Please help

I'm having the same problem,I have a 9300 curve and I've done all off the above including deleting app world and downloading again,creating a new I'd etc.Nothing works and I don't know what to do.I've had this phone for a week and I'm starting to regret it!
New Contributor

On my torch I was getting this error message an error has occurred please try again later and I read on a forum it was a clock issue that it must be set to automatic update, not maual update and this solution solved my problem and I can download apps.
Hope this helps you too.
Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: telecommunication services of Trinidad and Tobago

oh thank u...thank u!!!!! i have been having thisroblem for months now

and i did everything and i was on the forum like 2 days ago and saw the clock thing

i was like "what the heck" ive tried everything else!

low and behold it was the stupid clock, and i have been deprived of some apps downloading time! tehehehe! thanks again! much luv

What clock are you talking about? How do I change it please help I'm about to smash this phone
Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: telecommunication services of Trinidad and Tobago

Date/Time in ur options. if the clock is set to Manual change it to Automatic and then try signing again

in blackberry apps world

New Contributor

Go to your clock where you set the time and make sure where it says update time manual/automatic,
Make sure its set to automatic update