Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackerry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: 3

Re: Blackberry app world keeps saying 'AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER'

[ Edited ]

hello, i have recently purchased the blackberry curve 3G 9300, and i am having 3 problems with this handset.

1. i cannot log into the blackberry app world and it keeps saying 'an erroe has occured, please try again later', so i did that and nothing worked. i have tried taking my battery out for over a minute and that hasnt worked. i have also followed the insturctions given on the website and it just says im already registered so i deleted the app world re downloaded it and still nothing works. help me fix this?

2. i want a theme, but cannot seem to download them because of the app world not working, and when i first had the handset i downloaded a butterfly theme, and i dont know how to set it, and this is nothing in the manual book to tell me how to do this. any help?

3. when im playing mu music via loud or via headfone, the music stops when i recieve email/text message/bbm message or anything else. i dont want this to happen. my friend has the same phone and this isnt happening on her handset. please help?

please email be back o<Personal Content Removed>
thankyou, would be great if you could fix these problems, seeing as i have only had the handset for 3 days now!

[Edited - Personal Information. Please read your messages]

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry app world keeps saying 'AN ERROR HAS OCCURED. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER'

hayleyrebeccawharton wrote:

1. i cannot log into the blackberry app world and it keeps saying 'an erroe has occured, please try again later', so i did that and nothing worked. i have tried taking my battery out for over a minute and that hasnt worked. i have also followed the insturctions given on the website and it just says im already registered so i deleted the app world re downloaded it and still nothing works. help me fix this?

Hello Hayleyrebbawharton,

you can get the information you need:

1. go here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-General/bd-p/appworld
  2. top of list, the grey topics are floated
  3. among the floated topics, one is named "An error has occurred. Please try again"
  4. read that topic

hayleyrebeccawharton wrote:

2. i want a theme, but cannot seem to download them because of the app world not working, and when i first had the handset i downloaded a butterfly theme, and i dont know how to set it, and this is nothing in the manual book to tell me how to do this. any help?

The page explaning is here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/25326/Themes_33754_11.jsp

and this is available :

• in the Help application on your BlackBerry Curve
  • in the paper manual in the box
  • at the blackberry.com website (link is above)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: chloe mulligan

hi there,

im having the same problem i cant download anything as it will come up with the error message but i have done the first step as its says i just dont get the second step.

please help

i cannot download anything!!! xx

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: chloe mulligan

how to Resend Service Books?

KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

New Contributor
My Device: 9300 3G curve
My Carrier: vodacom

Ohkayyy so I have a similar problem, I tried upgrading my twitter for blackberry and it says " an error has occured while downloading please try again later" and " the selected server returned with an error attempting to fulfill your request" and some error 500 or 500 I don't remember, when I tried different ways. And then I re- installed my appworld and nothing. Please help its making me go nuts!!! Please asap Smiley Sad
Guru I

@zubeida9300
please give us the exact error message.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sun Cellular

I had the same problem that has been bothering me for weeks. Changing the clock setting worked instantly for me. Thank you so much!
My Device: torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Been having problem since getting my torch in May called AT&T "tech" support and of course they couldn't help so they sent me another torch .....same problem....but U mind friend had the solution!!!!!! 1 million thank you's!!!!xoxoxoxoxox
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Student

Please help me,i have the same problem,I am using blackberry bold 9700 and i don't have anything like manual or automatic at Date/Time???
Guru I

@noiseless
can you explain what you do to get to the date/time screen?