Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: CYTA Vodafone Cyprus

Blackberry appworld

I have updated the Blackberry AppWorld. After that when I select  "Categories" the message "No matches" appears. Only in Categories this happens.

Thank you.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry appworld

1. Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this. Now, try your categories in AppWorld again.

2. Your "carrier" is "HR Manager"? That should be the name of your mobile service provider. Smiley Wink

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have tried this but still nothing. Can you advise for other solution?

Tell me your process for going to the Categories?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

The same way that I'm doing it for the last 3 months that I own the blackberry and worked fine. Go to MENU then BLACKBERRY APP WORLD then CATEGORIES. So simple. Until today that worked wright. After updating Blackberry AppWorld the CATEGORIES says "No matches".

ntinscy, I don't know what or how you've been doing it for three months or three minutes.

Give it some more time to sync. It could simply be an AppWorld server issue in Europe.

Of course, I don't know what version you've updated to either, but if you choose, you can always delete AppWorld from your device, reboot AGAIN, and reinstall it fresh.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

It is not polite to deride "don't know what or how you've been doing it for three months or three minutes".

You asked me to tell you the process for going to the Categories and that what I did!!!

I'm very sorry but this is not a proper support forum from a company with such a big size.

Oh, sorry, you might have misunderstood, I had asked "how" you were going to your categories, not how long.

Or I misunderstood why you answered in that manner.

Just like you might have misunderstood the "carrier" meant job title? We all make mistakes, hopefully we all get over it. Smiley Wink

Nevertheless, I do believe it's a server issue, it should (normally) rectify itself on its own.

Or as stated, delete and reinstall your AppWorld.

ntinoscy wrote:

I'm very sorry but this is not a proper support forum from a company with such a big size.

When you registered for this forum, you would have read this is a user-to-user, community support forum. It is not staffed by RIM personnel. Those who wish to help other users such as yourself are volunteers.

If you desire the official support channels, contact Vodafone Cyprus for technical support. By contract to you and to RIM, all front line device, software and tech support is provided by your mobile service provider and issues unresolved can be escalated up to RIM level tech support.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates