Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry appworld

I downloaded the appworl to my storm last night and every time I try and load it I get the message "Upgrade your service to a price plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at blackberry app world. Contact your service provider for more details" have contacted the service provider being vodaphone UK and they say I have unlimited internet and all the settings are correct at their end. Does anyone else have or had this problem and know how to rectify it

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry appworld

[ Edited ]

A lot of people have been having this problem lately and I'm not sure why.  I think I'm going to ask one of the moderators to move this over to the AppWorld boards and then see if we can get some extra support.

At this point, my suggestion would be to download it via your computer by going to this link: LINK.  Select the Desktop download option and see if you get any better results.  If it's currently installed on your device, then be sure to delete it first.

Keep us posted.

Message Edited by Krypto on 07-09-2009 12:52 AM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I did originally download it from my desktop several times and completely reset phone back to original settings and tried it but still does not even try and load. The internet or browser connection works fine and can send and receive e-mails ok but for some reason app world wont load up. The reason for posting this add under the storm message board was I assumed it may be a problem with it loading on just this phone.

Elite I

[ Edited ]
I'm going to check further into this tonight and if I can't find anything, I'm going to see if I can get it escalated.  As a heads up though, you may not hear anything until next week sometime unless one of the Techs on the board can come up with a resolution by tomorrow.
Message Edited by Krypto on 07-09-2009 01:29 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thank you for your help
Elite I

Ok, before I escalate this, I've checked further into this.  Can you try the following?

Uninstall the application from your phone.  You can either do this via the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, or more easily, simply by highlighting the application icon, press the BB Menu button and select Delete.  Once the application has been deleted, remove the battery on the phone for 15-30 seconds and then re-insert it.  This will do a hard reset on the phone.

Once you've done this, on your phone go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Tables, press the BB Menu button and select Register.  Then, log into your BIS account and resend your service books.  You can do this online here (for Vodafone UK):

http://www.mobileemail.vodafone.net/

Alternately, you can log in via your phone's Email Setup application.  If you don't know your BIS username and password, you can call Vodafone for this info or simply have them resend the service books for you.  This will ensure that you're getting all the services to your phone.

Once your done this, go to your BlackBerry browser and go to the BlackBerry home page (you can also enter it on your phone using the following address: http://mobile.blackberry.com.  The second link should be BlackBerry App World.  Download the app from there.  If you have problems downloading App World from there, let me know as there is a solution for that (and that would also be the same reason you can't download the apps from App World).  Once it's been installed this time, you should be back up and running.

Again, if that doesn't work, let me know at what step it didn't work and I can take it from there.

In the meantime, thanks for your patience with this.  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I spent an hour on the phone to vodaphone doing all this and still does not work.. I have noticed that when I wiped the blackberry everything went back to normal as expected, but as soon as I downloaded app world the browser icon went missing and could not browse the internet and got the same re occuring message.

I have been told now that I have to send this brand new phone off to have the software updated on it!!

New Contributor

Personally I would rather just have the thing exchanged but vodaphone wont do that
Highlighted
Elite I

From what you are describing regarding your problem, it sounds like something is happening to your service books when you download and install AppWorld.  What the problem is, I don't know.  I'm wondering if they actually have to flash the ROM on your phone (like flashing the BIOS on your computer).  Usually if it was just a matter of upgrading the software, that's something you could do easily enough yourself.