Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry as USB Drive

I've seen the answers to several questions that indicate I should be able to access my Blackberry as a USB device on my Windows XP PC.  When I connect the Blackberry via USB a new removable drive shows up in My Computer.  However, when I click on it a dialog box appears asking me to insert a disk into drive E:. 

Am I missing a step here?

Paulb

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry as USB Drive

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Do you have a media card in your BB?

Let me now,

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

I am having the same identical problem. I'm trying to copy photos from my SD disk (on my Blackberry) to my computer hard drive. Blackberry is connected via USB cable. The computer finds the Blackberry - - Drive I - but, when I click on Drive I, it says to insert a disk. What disk?! The phots are definitely on the SD disk on the camera - I can pull them up on the Blackberry with no difficulty. I have not installed Blackberry's software on any of my computers, since mine synch's via our corporate server in Dallas (several states away). Any suggestions?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: