Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: o2

Blackberry bold 9000 Dead. not charging, nothing HELP

My BB was showing low battery last night while I was using it to surf the net,  battery went red so I plugged it in. I have had it 6 weeks, refurbished like new.  While it was plugged into wall socket it died completely, not charging, completely dead phone, I am gutted, not very technical but I have tried a lot of the things on here, battery pull, screwdriver to sim battery, taking battery out for different periods of time, nothing is working, the phone is dead, I would be SO very grateful if anyone could help me, I have disc and the desktop software but the phone is so new I have never used them  As I say I am not technically minded.  The phone is under warranty but would be a great hassle to send back.  Could someone please help, dont want it to go to BB graveyard Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry bold 9000 Dead. not charging, nothing HELP

i seem to have the same problem. is the red light on at all anymore? my problem is slightly different. the loading symbol came on(which has always been a problem) and after a few hours of doing this for 3mins i battery pulled(like usual) and it didnt turn back on. no red light either. ive also tried charging and everything i could think of. let me tell you i wont ever buy a bb again. im sorry i have no help for you but at least its a common problem.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8120
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless Inc

If a battery on a blackberry is completely drained, it can cause difficulty getting it to charge again.

Attempt the following:

1: Remove the battery -

2: plug it into a charger without the battery. When you do this note whether the Red LED turns on and remains constantly lit.

3: Wait for the device to display an image of "No Battery" inserted. At this point, reseed the battery into the device.

At no point should you disconnect it from the charger.

It usually takes a fully drained battery ~15-30 minutes to get a nominal charge to the point where the blackberry starts turning on again. But, if the USB charging port is functional - it should boot up after said amount of time.

Regards,

Jaloz

New Contributor

my phone wont even respond to that.

New Contributor

My phone shows no light when I plug it in to charger without battery or with battery, I have tried charging via PC no light, left charging overnight, nothing, its like a completely dead phone. nothing is working!  I would be grateful if anyone could help me...I wish I had researched before hand as this seems to be so common, pity no-one tells you before you are out of pocket. Would never recommend a blackberry!

New Contributor

my boyfriend fixed my phone the other morning. yours may be "bricked". sometimes it can be hard to unbrick your phone but he was able to since he is tech saavy. he forced the update on my phone that was happening when my battery was apparently at 40% and than died. if you know of a tech saavy friend or anything try having them unbrick your phone.

New Contributor

I have tried everything, it has now been resting for 3 days, the loading symbol did show a lot before it died, had been doing it for about a week and the phone did keep asking me to remove things from memory which I didn't.  I am so upset as I spent a lot of money and the company I got it from has ceased trading, after 6 weeks, it had a 12 month warranty!!  I will never buy another Blackberry as long as I live!  Researching it has shown this is so common, and I am not technical so cant fix it, have tried somethings from on here.

Can anyone help? No red light, computer doesnt recognise it, not charging.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

I have the same problem and have followed the instruction, but when I plug into the mains charger the led light flashes intermidently red not constant.  Have left it charging wiithout the battery for over 30 mins now?  Any other suggestions

My Carrier: 6509064797

Have same problem any solution?

My Carrier: 6509064797

Did it works few second and same thing again. What shall I do? Bought new battery but same thing too!