10-16-2010 11:46 AM
I just got my phone BB bold 9000, i've just used it for a week which has been fine all along. was trying to install an application and it gave a prompt to REBOOT the device and simply went off....i've tried taking off the battery and putting it back, charging it via power cable then the USB cable, i've also tried the following instructions as suggested on the forum but the device is unable to be connected....Can someone please give me some useful advice on how to go about this?
If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
10-18-2010 09:36 AM
You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:
If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
10-20-2010 10:12 PM
Hi I have the same problem. I did follow all the directions on this thread and many more. My device has a password, will that make a difference?