Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: digicel

Re: Blackberry bold 9700 OS. 6

dude. i also want to downgrade back to os5, but i dont have a clue how....help. what did you do?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You plug up your blackberry to the desktop software, click on the "Device" button in the top left corner of the screen, then click on "Update My Device" and it will check for updates. Then it should say "There Are No BlackBerry Device Software Updates Available". Then in the bottom left corner of that screen there is a button that says "View Other Versions". Click on that and you can select which version you want to install on your device.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

[ Edited ]

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME INSTALLING THE OFFICIAL 6.0.0.380 RELEASE

There is a leak available of 6.0.0.448

ITS BETTER BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS !!

You wont have any problems with it. Its perfectly stable, excellent battery and minimal memory leaks.

RIM and carriers should never have released 6.0.0.380 as an official release. Dont know what they were thinking. Its not ready for release by any stretch.

Go with 6.0.0.448. you'll enjoy it!!!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

448 went official

http://www.vodafone.de/business/blackberry-support/blackberry-bold-9700.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 - T-Mobile
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I installed this Vodafone OS 6.0 on my T-Mobile 9700 on the T-Mobile network and it disabled all mobile network connections unless there was wi-fi. Network diagnostics implied it was because of the UMA connection. 

It also wiped everything on the device (which I wasn't expecting but probably should have). After I restored my back-up file on OS 6.0 the mobile network still didn't work unless there was a wi-fi connection. I called T-Mobile who were quick to tell me they didn't have an operational 9700 version of OS 6.0 still (as noted in the above comments) but that they -did- have the 9780 available (512MB of memory instead of the 9700 256MB) with it today and that they had no APN settings or service book help to further the network connection without the help of a wi-fi connection. Strange how everything worked in wi-fi but the mobile network wouldn't connect otherwise, seems fishy to me.......

WIthout mobile network capability I quickly erased the the OS 6.0 from my system (otherwise the Desktop Manager will automatically use the 6.0 version), downloaded and installed the 5.0 version from blackberry, and then again restored my back-up. Everything is back working again but it has been a pain to get my Enterprise system and all my files back in synchronization again (as many people know) and all in the middle of a work day (took about 2 hours).

Needless to say, here's to hoping a version really does come out from T-Mobile at some point.