Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

Blackberry bold 9700 Random white screen HELP!!!

Hello,

My problem is that my phone's screen randomly turns white or turns purple then white while using the screen and problem started like 2 days ago.

And i can fix the problem by locking and unlocking the screen a few times and it goes back to normal  but then like 5 minutes later it turns white again Smiley Sad.

Btw i tried reloading the os on my phone again it didnt fix the problem but i havent tried downgrading my os to os5 (now ive got os6).

I dont know what happed is the something wrong with the software or with my lcd screen?

and thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry bold 9700 Random white screen HELP!!!

Hi rijjz,

When you reloaded your BlackBerry® Device Software, did you perform a clean reload as outlined in these KB articles? If not, please try to back up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U
Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

If you have already completed the clean reload process and are still having the same issue, then it may be hardware related. In that case, I would suggest contacting your network provider for other options.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!