Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: kpn

Blackberry bold 9700 wifi problem!

[ Edited ]

Hey first of all thanks for reading!

My girlfriend received a blackberry bold 9700 I was trying to get her mobile connected to wifi but it wont work that easy.... When the sim card is in. it doesnt connect to wifi. the first thing where he is connecting to is 3g. when i shutdown the dataservice the mobile doesn't connect to wifi either. in the homescreen i can see the name of the wifi spot.

the wifi spot isn't the problem. i tried al kind of ways. without wpa2 wpa wep etc but it wouldnt change. my mobile and my ipod can connect without any problems...

she doesnt have a 3g abbo so going on the internet trough 3g cost a lot. whe want to make sure the mobile doens't connect to 3g.

my mobile (HTC Desire) has a simple way and thats holding the off button and tapping on mobile network. now i know it will only connect to wifi.

when i do this on the blackberry it doenst connect to wifi either or i can't call anymore. 

do i have to update the blackberry? or am i looking at the wrong place? when i look at connections the mobile network has a green tick. wifi has a white stripe and bluetooth has a red cross. 

Thanks