Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodacom

Blackberry bold 9790 loading every 5 minutes minutes

[ Edited ]

I have a blackberyy bold 9790.  I got it about 2 months ago.  Ever since I got it it keeps reloading every five minutes.  Every time i go into an application or just touch the screen to see if i get any messages, this clock thing (like when something is loading and you need to wait) comes on and takes about 2 minutes before i can use the phone again. Has this happened to anyone else?  Any suggestions on how i can stop it. It is quite annoying.

Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry bold 9790 loading every 5 minutes minutes

9790 or 9780, you profile says 9780?

There are a few things you need to check:

• Press the Menu key for two seconds and Make sure all unneeded applications running in the background are closed properly. Open them, press the Menu key > Close or Exit. Press the end call key does not close application, just sends them to the background where they will continue to consume processing resources.
  • Make sure the browser is not left running on an active website. Do the same as above.
  • Turn OFF or DISABLE the Memory Cleaner at Options > Security > Memory Cleaning.
  • Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Now see if you continue to have the same issues, and if so, please post back for further help.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code