Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry bold 9900 BIS Blocked

Dear BB RIM,

I bought a blackberry bold 9900 from a good friend of mine. It's a new phone. No scratches. Everything works fine. With the box and warranty and everything.

His provider was T-mobile Netherlands and i'm using Vodafone Netherlands. So somehow i can use the web browser, whatsapp but no Email or pin. I went to vodafone they tried to register me but that didn't work because BIS was blocked on that IMEI number. So i went to t-mobile with my warranty (I still have a year warranty) and they told me that the IMEI is blocked. And because I am not using a T-mobile sim card they have to send the phone to Blackberry Rim to unlock the phone.

Really weird because it's a software problem and not a hardware problem. So i showed T-mobile the phone. they checked the phone and everything was fine. It worked great. No problem. Phone was like new. So they send the phone to rim.

Week later i received an email that tells me we couldnt fix your phone because it has moisture damage and that isnt part of your warranty. We will send your phone back.

I was shocked. It didnt had any problem. Hardware was fine. Everything works fine. I just wanted to unlock the bis. Thats a software problem. I really dont know why to couldnt do that and i never dropped the phone in water or something like that.

I am using blackberry like 5 years know and right now i dont know what to do. So if someone can help me. I would really really appreciate that. So help me please.

I am really sorry for my english, it's not one of the languages i speak a lot.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,

Bll

Phone Spec

Blackberry Bold 9900

IMEI number: 356841043392379

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry bold 9900 BIS Blocked

If you simply need an unlocking code, check my link below to a guide on unlocking.

If the IMEI is blocked, you need to find out if Tmobile blocked the IMEI, and why. Was the device reported stolen?

Did Tmo block the IMEI because of an unpaid acccount by the previous owner?

Please post back if you have more questions.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

The phone itself is not simlocked. I can use sim cards from different providers.

Somehow Blackberry RIM blocked the BIS services on that specifik IMEI Number.

T-mobile and vodafone didn't block BIS on that phone. The phone is not reported stolen.

And they aren't any unpaid accounts by the previous owner.

The previous owner is a good friend of mine. He gave me the warranty and the purchase voucher.

I really don't know whats the problem and i dont know why they didn't unlock the software.

The only send a reply with:

We couldnt fix your phone because it has moisture damage and that isnt part of your warranty. We will send your phone back.

I dont know what moisture has to do with this software problem.

But what do you think?

I'd contact Vodafone again and ASK them why the IMEI is blocked. They should tell you or put you in touch with BlackBerry for assistance.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I have been in contact with Vodafone (my provider) and T-mobile (where the phone have been bought) for almost a week now. They told me that the IMEI is suspend at Blackberry RIM. They don't know the reason. Is there some way how i can ask Blackberry RIM why my phone is suspend (blocked)?

Vodafone can look in their database and see why the IMEI is blocked.

Unless they didn't block it, and the previous carrier did, in that case you need to ask them.

IF you can get Vodafone to escalate the issue to BlackBerry Tech Support, they might be able to say why it is blocked.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Mtn

Have same problem with my blackberry 9900. BIS is activated on my sim card by my operator but not working in this phone. When I try sim card in other blackberry phone internet works without problem. Can anybody help please?

New Contributor

I think that your BIS is blocked by blackberry rim and not by your provider. Because my sim card works fine in other blackberry phones. But not with my blackberry bold 9900.

I called vodafone and they told me they couldn't find the reason for the suspend. They are going to contact Blackberry Rim and ask them for the reason. This wil take a week for a respond.....

Lucky me.
Highlighted

chafeh wrote:

Have same problem with my blackberry 9900. BIS is activated on my sim card by my operator but not working in this phone. When I try sim card in other blackberry phone internet works without problem. Can anybody help please?

It's not the same problem unless your mobile operator is also telling you that your IMEI has been blocked.

Knowledge Base Updates