Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Blackberry bold 9900 T-mobile (NFC Problem)

I have a blackberry Bold 9900. It's a T-mobile blackberry and I change career. I am with a new career ( Wind Mobile).

I don't have NFC on my phone. It doesn't appear on the manage connection and I really need it. Its there an update to have it or something I can do to have it ?

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry bold 9900 T-mobile (NFC Problem)

If you don't see NFC anywhere on your phone, it could be that Wind Mobile doesn't support it.  Each carrier is free to tweak the software to meet their requirements and it could very well be that Wind removed NFC from their OS version.

The good news is you can download an OS from another carrier, one that supports it.  Look in these forums for the thread entitled "How to Reload Your Operating System".  In it, you will find instructions for downloading and installing an OS from a carrier other than yours.

Please post back if you have any questions about the procedure.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.