Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Blackberry bold 9900 audio problem, cant hear voice while receiving or doing call, ringer stop buzzez

I purchased a blackberry bold 9900. The phone has a particular audio problem and I had got the replacement twice after my purchase for that same problem. The IMEI no. of phones is mentioned below:-

1)358567040274579 (Originally purchased)

2)358567044757744 (Got replaced by original)

3)359683044410975(Got replaced again and currently using)

For replacing phone once I need to go to service center twice or thrice and then I had to go dealer in another city (where I had purchased phone) to get my phone exchanged. It’s not only cost me convinces expenses but my office and time also suffer with this disturbance.

Nature of problem

At many times a day phone audio (ringer, microphone, speakerphone, etc) got unresponsive and remain as it is until I pull out battery and insert it again. It had badly affected my business and personal life as many of calls goes unattended.

Person contacted at blackberry

1)      Redington india customer care - 18004253720

2)      Praveen kumar - 09310622236

3)      Shalini – 04430287993

4)      Praveen Devadasan – Through blackberry india page at Facebook and though phone

5)      Siva kumar – Through email

Solution asked by me from blackberry(earlier)

An defect free phone from redington india with assurance of not getting same problem in future or money back.

Redington india response

According to m/s Suntha there is problem in the software of this phone and as problem is not solved by a particular update (version 2395) so they can’t commit when the solution will be there. Redington india cant commit time frame in which the problem is solved. Till that they can’t do anything except for replacement (without giving assurance of defect free phone). According to their policies they can’t give refund.

Solution asked by me after reply

Complete refund of money and refused by them, they say cant do anything axcept for replacement of handset without taking the gaurantee of getting defect free handset. 

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry bold 9900 audio problem, cant hear voice while receiving or doing call, ringer stop buzzez

This is what has exactly happened to my phone as well.

Have given it to the Service guys.

They will be issuing a certificate with which I can obtain a new handset from the dealer.

However my concenr is that is this problem a common one with all the bold 9900 or its that out of 10, 3or 4 might have it depending upon one's deeds and sins 

Whatever may be the case, but its really annoying listening it from the Service Centre that it cannot be fixed as there are some glitches in the operating system.

What I want now is why the hell blackberry is so quite about it.

I have herd many Bold 9900s been reported with such issues.

its really frustrating to hear such a high end device suffering with this negligence from the manufacturer like Blackberry.

Anyone out there with some possible explanations, maybe fro the user community or even the blackberry support and help team.....????

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry bold 9900 audio problem, cant hear voice while receiving or doing call, ringer stop buzzez

[ Edited ]

Call your carrier, they should be able to help

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

I've had exactly the same problem, after working fine for over a year the microphone suddenly seems to not work properly. It seems to resolve temporarily when I remove the battery and reset. highly irritating