Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Blackberry bold 9900 keyboard wont work

Hi!

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this (desperately).

This is the 3rd phone I've gone through within the past 2 years, and its the same thing that keeps happening over and over again... the keyboard just stops working. I dont know another way to say it, its as simple as that. It'll be working fine all day, then all of a sudden freezes, or ill press some keys and itll type a different letter. For example, today, any keys that i pressed that were on the bottom row would just type up a combination of "nm" over and over again. 

the space bar wouldnt work, and pretty much all the keys eventually just stopped being responsive. There is no water damage at all on this phone, i havent dropped it recently, it was working perfectly all day, then just started doing this out of nowhere. 

I'm not sure how to fix it. Wondering if theres a way to remove the keyboard and just see if its "dirty" back there or something, but im not very tech-savy, therefore afraid to break it. 

I'd use a warranty, but unfortunately, since this has happened before, i have used up all the replacement phone that were available... so now its either i fix it (prefferably), or ill be stuck buying a new one.

Please, if anyone knows what to do with this issue, i would really appreciate any help i can get!

Thank you so much!