Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: vodaphone

Blackberry bold 9900 wont turn on at all with no red light on at all.

I removed my battery out of my phone, then when I put it back in again which was about 1 hour later it wouldn't turn back on, it has no LED flashing at all, I've tried plugging it into the charger and nothing happens I've borrowed my mates battery that done nothing and plugged it into the laptop that also done nothing. The laptop doesn't even realised I've plugged it in.

Can anyone help?

Developer
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Blackberry bold 9900 wont turn on at all with no red light on at all.

Hi,

Why exactly u pulled out ur battery...??? I mean, was it due to any reason the system wanted a reboot or due to any other reason...???

Well, the prob is not with the battery,since u already hve checked tht with another battery, so i guess the prob is with ur BB OS or due to some application...thats y, wud like to  knw why u pulled the battery out...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: vodaphone

I had one of my GCSE's and my phone likes to turn its self on so I took out the battery

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-mobile

i have the exact same problem!!!i took it out for my geography gcse todaySmiley Sad kinda worried

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Don't worry this has happened to me 4 times follow these steps :

1. Remove your battery and plug it into your USB cable or wall charger

2. Wait for the red light to come on

3. If a white screen comes up with a battery and a line through it place your battery back in

-If the it dosent come up try pullint out the charger and starting the process again until you see the white screen.

4. If the screen goes black wait another 5 minutes and the red light should come on.

- If the screen goes has another empty battery with a lighting bolt through it wait another 10 minutes and it should come back to normal condition, if not repeat the process.

5. If the red light appears again with a white screen and  lightining bolt then wait 10 minutes.

Keep repeating the process until your device decides to turn on. If not buy a new battery. Hope this helps

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Gueric123 wrote:

3. If a white screen comes up with a battery and a line through it place your battery back in

-If the it dosent come up try pullint out the charger and starting the process again until you see the white screen.

4. If the screen goes black wait another 5 minutes and the red light should come on.

- If the screen goes has another empty battery with a lighting bolt through it wait another 10 minutes and it should come back to normal condition, if not repeat the process.

5. If the red light appears again with a white screen and  lightining bolt then wait 10 minutes.

Keep repeating the process until your device decides to turn on. If not buy a new battery. Hope this helps

Gueric123 wrote:

I've got the same problem, I powered off my phone to save battery, went to turn it back on and its not working, I've tried a different battery and nothings working, no LED light when I took the battery out and tried to turn it on that way, none of those steps are working, the phone was in my pocket with the battery out for a few hours and I didn't drop it or anything, and suggestions?

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

What if the red light comes and and goes out, but the screen stays black? No lights on the keyboard either. ???

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

I took it to a tech who saId the motherboard was damaged. No rice will fix this. i went to a Q10. Not as happy with it, the "user experience" is more complicated and the syncing doesn't automatically pick up my notes and tasks (annoying).  I guess that's penance for getting my Bold 9900 wet. Thanks all for posting.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9000
My Carrier: virgin media

I have the same problem as i am really worrying about what to do i was wondering if anyone was able to help ive tired everything i can possibly think of..

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

laurenbrownx97 wrote:

I have the same problem as i am really worrying about what to do i was wondering if anyone was able to help ive tired everything i can possibly think of..

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................