Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Sprint

Blackberry bold will not turn on or charge

For the second day in a row, I woke up to a completely dead phone that will not charge. The battery was completely charged before I went to sleep so I didn't leave it on the charger. When I found that it was dead I put it on the charger but it shows no signs of charging. The red light came on once when I first connected it and never again after that. I had to use a friends old blackberry battery to get it working the day before but now his battery is in the same condition. This is not my everyday phone. Im just using it until my iphone comes back but there's no point if it wont turn on!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Blackberry bold will not turn on or charge

Hi Drastiq,

Welcome to the community...!!

Please pull out battery and connect your device with charger & leave it for an hr, then after 1 hr insert battery with out un-plugging charger & leave it, as it is for another 1-2 hrs.

Share the status with us.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Blackberry bold will not turn on or charge

unleashurself wrote:

Hi Drastiq,

Welcome to the community...!!

Please pull out battery and connect your device with charger & leave it for an hr, then after 1 hr insert battery with out un-plugging charger & leave it, as it is for another 1-2 hrs.

Share the status with us.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try