Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Proximus

Blackberry crashes constantly

I have a huge problem, My phone crashes constantly. I bought it a year ago, and now this is the 4th time I have to bring  him back to the store. He's still in warranty, but Blackberry sends me always a new phone. It's my 3th now. I'm sick of it to get always the same answer, he is still not working. What do I have to do? Actually I want my money back or another solution. This is unacceptable. Earlier today I wanted to call the helpdesk, but the number is not in use...

Greetings, hope someone can help me.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry crashes constantly

Hey Kurt__,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Do you receive any errors or does the BlackBerry smartphone restart constantly?  We can definitely help out.

Did you install any new applications lately?  

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Proximus

Most of the time he just crashes when I use my phone for normal things. He always restart and restart untill the battery is empty. Also when I want to connect my phone to my computer, if i want to get some apps via the site, he crashes or just by backing up or put some new files on. I never get any error, just he shuts down... I went to my store for an reparation, I always get a new one. But the problem is still the same. The applications that I use are not that special (like Facebook, foursquare, mail, music, ...).

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Thanks for the quick reply.

This definitely sounds like it is a software related issue.  When you got your replacement did you do a full restore of your backup data?  If you do that, it will bring back the same issue.

I would suggest creating a temporary full backup and follow the steps in this KB article:  www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320 or www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19915

Then only restore essential data (contacts, BBM, etc.) and then test the performance of the BlackBerry Bold 9900.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
My Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem right now. I'd like to copy the problems I've been having, as I think they may be even worse than the previous ones.

Okay, so I have the Blackberry Bold 9900. Over the last two weeks it has been randomly shutting off and applications have been freezing. In the last day or two, it has shut off and while rebooting shut off again and so on and so forth. This happens over and over until I plug my phone in or it starts and the radio is off. Once either of those happen the phone stays on. A few times it would turn on and as I went to use it, it would shut off again. Additonally, the battery has been very unreliable lately. It says that it's about 90% and then nothing is really running and I'm not using it and all of sudden it's in yellow and then empty completely, but the radio  is still on. Once I plug it in, the battery shoots right back up to at least 90% or more in less than 2 minutes.

I have taken the battery out to restart the phone and everything. I cleared all of my pictures and videos off of my phone, as well as downloaded applications that were not important to me. 

I went to Rogers technical support to help me out and they suggested the same thing about backing up my phone fully and reloading the operating system. The problem is, when I do the backup on the Desktop Software, the backup will not complete fully. It leaves out my BBM converstaions and Blackberry messenger. I am hesitant to do anything with my phone because I refuse to lose all of my Blackberry messenger data. PLEASE HELP! I don't know how to proceed and my phone is basically dysfunctional in terms of daily use at this point.