Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Blackberry curve 9300 trackpad is no longer working, how do I fix this?

Unbelievable!

When I read your solution I thought: "Oh come now, it cannot be that simple!"

Being retired from a long career in electronics I really thought you were pulling our collective legs; it just has to be very very complicated and involve disassembling various bits and pieces.

Anyway, I did what you said - and it now works perfectly.

My question is: how on earth did you stumble on this fascinating solution?

Thank you so much for helping me revive an otherwise "dead in the water" Blackberry.

Kind regards from South Africa.

Highlighted
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: movistar

the battery on my 9300 was swollen and erratic for some time. i replaced the battery, then had the trackpad not working suddenly. after resetting it would work, but not for long. i placed a shim (a small piece of flat thin plastic) under the battery right behind the trackpad and it works again, but not reliably. sending it to the shop.

My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

Trackpad on my phone does not work. Could you please explain me the 4th step again, how long do I hold the trackpad and the metal plate before I turn on my phone again ... Thanks in advance.

My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks man. This worked for me too. It seem a joke though. But thanks very much.
My Device: 9300

[ Edited ]

Awesome!! That worked for a while after I put the sim card back in upside down by mistake, and the phone started up and I could use my trackpad again and access messages. But on the screen it said ' needed sim card' or something. So i played with my messages then repeated the operation, and this time put the sim card back in the correct way up; and now the track pad's not working again. Boooo hooooo hooo waaaargh. Don't die on me little phone.

Ah! I fogot the second time to push in the track pad at the same time as pushing the metal bar - so I just re-did it - IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!

You're awesome!! Thank you so much. Saved me 400 bux for a new phone. Woot woot 

My Device: BB Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe

after 3 tries..... YEAH!!!! it worked. thanks to BBFan786

New Contributor
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much Smiley Very Happy   BBFan786

I almost gave up on this phone , but after trying your solution for three tries, it finally works .

My Device: curve 3g 9300
My Carrier: T Mobile

I cant believe this worked! I was about to give up and buy a new BB after trying every stupid little trick I could find online, then came across this tip. It actually works perfect now! the trackpad is more responsive than it was before it magically stopped working! Thank you for the help! If you are ever in Southern California ill buy you a beer! Cheers!