Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry curve 9320 problem..

I just looked again at the filename...it starts with 9320M...you say you have a 9320, which is different from a 9320M. Consequently, I highly doubt that file will work for your BB. You will need to dig for another one, one that starts indeed with the proper and exact model number of your BB.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: Lebara

oh shi..! but i already installed it.. what should i do now?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Installed it to what? If to your BB, then you've jumped way ahead (which is no problem, btw...). If only to your PC, then you just do as I asked you to do earlier...uninstall any and all BB OS packages from your computer and then reboot. Then continue digging through the download portal to find a package that is compatible with your specific BB model number.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III

Please also be aware that I've only got about another 30 minutes before I'm done for the day here. All I'm really doing at this point is more slowly providing you everything that's already up in post 9 above, so you might be able to continue...

Contributor

i dont know where to uninstall it.. :/

by the way i now am most certain it has to do with software! because my phone is reset to factory settings you have to chose language and such right? well i couldnt scroll down to choose keyboard language but i could click on just phone language, and there i COULD scroll. just some little info i wanted to share hehe

Hall of Famer III

lrn2fight wrote:
i dont know where to uninstall it.. :/

So, with that, you are telling me (again) that you actually skipped a step I gave you up in post 19 above...where I asked you to be sure and remove, from your PC, any and all BB OS Packages that might be installed to it. If (as you now reveal) you don't know how to do that, then you skipped that earlier step, and we're going to have to stop again and regroup (again).

I really need you to pay close attention to what I ask of you...if you say nothing about something, I may assume that you did it and all was well. If that's the case, then no problem...but, as in this situation, it's not the case since you simply didn't even know how to do what I asked of you, yet you didn't say so.

Then again, you also didn't tell me (you skipped my question in post 23) to where you installed this...to your PC (which I've assumed, but you've not said) or your BB (which would have been jumping ahead)?

lrn2fight wrote:

by the way i now am most certain it has to do with software! because my phone is reset to factory settings you have to chose language and such right? well i couldnt scroll down to choose keyboard language but i could click on just phone language, and there i COULD scroll. just some little info i wanted to share hehe

I am less convinced than you are. It could I believe still be hardware, but we can't deduce to that unless we can get through this reload process. We should have been done long ago...it only takes maybe 30 minutes max but we've been trying to get through that process for 4 hours now... We are not going to finish before I have to sign off tonight....that is abundantly clear to me now.

Contributor

no no i was CERTAIN that i didnt have any old ones here, only on my macbook. this laptop had a complete reset a week ago and today was the first time i hooked up my blackberry to it.

my pc only, not my blackberry.

BUT an hour ago when i connected my blackberry to the desktop software it said there was a new update blabla which i installed (update was after reset to factory settings) but same case there. i dont know if i also have to delete that and if i do where..? i'm used to mac os.. 

i hope i made everything clear now..

Hall of Famer III

Oh boy...so you don't know how to operate a PC. That's going to make this process even longer I fear. With my only having perhaps 10 minutes left tonight, I can't see us proceeding any further tonight. Given how this has gone, I can foresee perhaps 5 or 10 back-and-forth messages just to help you figure out how to uninstall that from the PC, and then there are so many more steps to still go through.

So let's stop now. Log back on tomorrow and post something then in this thread...I'll be auto-notified and will know that you are back on and we can continue.

What you can do in the meantime is continue your digging through the download portal to find an acceptable OS package. You might want to include this into your selection, if indeed language was important (you never revealed if that was or was not your reason for choosing the package you chose):

• KB05305Localization support for BlackBerry smartphones

If language is important, be sure that the filename contains what that KB indicates as necessary for the language(s) you require.

Good luck and we'll pick this back up tomorrow.

Contributor

i deleted the one i installed yesterday so now my pc doesn't have any at all.

IMPORTANT: this might have caused this stuff.. i wanted to download kik messenger for my phone but there wasnt any for curve 9320 so i downloaded for a other device (9360) while i got a 9320. could this have ruined it all??

Hall of Famer III

lrn2fight wrote:

i deleted the one i installed yesterday so now my pc doesn't have any at all.

OK good.

lrn2fight wrote:

IMPORTANT: this might have caused this stuff.. i wanted to download kik messenger for my phone but there wasnt any for curve 9320 so i downloaded for a other device (9360) while i got a 9320. could this have ruined it all??

Possibly. Since you can't do anything via the device itself, you can try using your computer to remove it:

Using BlackBerry Desktop Software 4.3 to 5.0 for Windows:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
  2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software - if prompted, enter the device password.
  3. Click Application Loader.
  4. Under Add/Remove Applications, click Start.
  5. Select the the applications that you want to remove from the BlackBerry smartphone. 
  6. Click Next.
  7. Review the applications that you would like to remove from your BlackBerry smartphone.
  8. Click Finish to start the application load process.

Using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.1:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
  2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software - if prompted, enter the device password.
  3. Select Applications on the left hand side.
  4. Click on the - icon next to the desired application (it will turn red to indicate pending removal)
  5. Click on Apply to complete the removal.

In your situation, this may or many not work without the BB OS package installed to your PC. But you can try anyway. If it does not work, then you will need to continue as before (seeking out a proper BB OS package to load to your BB).