Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry curve 9360 battery issues?

Does anyone who has updated their software live in South Africa?
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: 7059570131

I have tried to install the latest operating system, as posted above, and have followed the crackberry forum to the tee, but when it searches for device software it does not give me the option to install upgrade and it is still version 1555.  It will not upgrade. 

What am I doing wrong?

New Contributor
My Device: 9360 - 8900
My Carrier: Zain

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dears,

i've been trying to maximize the battery of my BB since a couple of days and most of the steps of disabling GPS and Swapping between 2G and 3G didnt give any real result, as somehow i needed these features, what i tried and helped me the most is , disabling storage compression as follows:

go to options>device>storage>enable compression - remove the tick , for me i use 3G without GPS now and my mobile stayed alive for 16 hours, i know its a small amount compared to other BB devices,but compared to 9360 small battery it fair to have 16 hours.

hope RIM comes up with a core fix to this issue,

hope this is helpfull

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

The initial OS 7 released with the first batch of 9360s released around the world with os version .353 had serious heating issues and poor battery life. This is a software issue, with subsequent releases of updated os 7 and os 7.1 the heating issue has been solved with a noted increase in battery life.

Also a brand new 9360 straight out of the box with feel a little warm and after a few days the heat will disappear. However .353 version of os 7 took 2 weeks before the heating stopped. The os needs to settle.
New Contributor

well am using 7.1 bundle 1133, ok the heating is decreased, it comes up when i enable mobile hotspot, but basically the compression helped in the battery time, nothing in hand for the heating up my friend at the meantime Smiley Happy

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

I was just wondering when youdo this update does it swipe the phone and just leave your apps or does it not swipe anything at all? if so what does it swipe?