Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9630
My Carrier: starhub
Accepted Solution

Blackberry curve 9360 shuts down even when full battery

Can anyone help me pls? My bb curve 9360 phone shuts down even when almost full battery. Then when i try to reboot by taking in and out the battery, it shuts down again many times. i changed my sim card recently cos the old one spoilt. the battery drains very fast. i deleted many apps. i reduce backlighting to min. i reduce time for the screen to off. i off location services. i increased the interval for updates for my apps till very long. i noticed when it is connecting to 3G network it shuts down. and keeps shutting down upon reboot. battery runs out very fast. but can also shutdown on full battery. it also auto shuts down when i am using apps or connected to internet. Can pls help to resolve? Thanks. appreciate.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Blackberry curve 9360 shuts down even when full battery

try

________

The on-device battery meter is 'off sync' with the actual battery charge. There are a couple of ways you can try to repair this...

1. Leave the device to charge an hours or so, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. Watch over the next couple of days to see if the charge and the battery use is in sync.
  2. Roughly every 30 charges, deliberately discharge your battery to 10-15%, and fully charge to 100% afterwards. This will help maintain the accuracy of the “fuel gauge” on the device (your battery meter or scale).

• Don’t drain your battery every day to 10-20% of its charge. You can actually expect battery problems by draining the battery. Again, to repeat, top-off your charge during the day whenever convenient – even ten minutes in the car or at your desk will give you an extra 20-25% charge.

VIA |

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Blackberry-Curve-9300-Automatic-shut-down-Pl...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9630
My Carrier: starhub

Ok thanks! Will try!
My Device: black berry curve
My Carrier: koodo

i have the same problem. It can sit and charge all night without touching. I also have a spare battery. And the device will just shut down.

I really think mine issue is it is not lining up with the connections for the battery. It has been doing this for a few months but it is just starting to do it almost all the time now.

Time for a new phone, i like BB but really deal with many problems with them, so not sure what i will get. Loved my old nokia from years ago, never an issue. lol