Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry curve 9360 trackpad not working

allshewrote wrote:

I started it in safe mode but I still can not use my track pad to get rid of the application that caused this problem

Any other suggestions? 

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Since you know the app that is the cause, you can instead use the Desktop Software to remove it:

• KB14473 How to install an application on a BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 9630
My Carrier: Orange

HELP HELP HELP!!!! :-(

I've had my Curve 9360 for a year and a half, and I've always had problems with the trackpad - I even had it sent back to Canada to have it fixed!  I've tried doing the battery reboot thing... tried opening it in safe mode, even though I haven't downloaded any apps recently... in fact both my facebook and emails stopped working months ago... tried rubbing the trackpad to warm it up (I've seen advice to heat it with a hairdryer, and don't fancy that!)

I'm at my absolute wits end... I'm still on contract with this phone for another 6 months and I'm sick to death of it!  Now I have text messages that I can't get to...

... SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!  :-(

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

hello, my fiance is having a simmilar issue. he trackpad will stop working at random times and it takes multiple battery pulls to fix the problem. if anyone has a seggestion to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated. one thing i would reccoomend personally, and i am going to do this with my fiance; is a factory reset using a computer. back up your data, then unplug your phone from the computer take out the batter and plug it back into your computer, once it cannoth connect it will ask you if you want to reinstall the os, do so. once you get to the poin of installation put the battery back in and click install. this will be a complete whipe. then you can restore at your own leasure. a couple things to add to this comment, first and formost this is to be done at your own risk and i am not responsible for the loss of any data. secondly these are very basic instructions; if you are not comfterable following my instructions as posted above i encourage you to look up other guides or contact blackberry directly for more indepth assistance.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Good advice...but a couple of clarifications are needed...

ajsbarra wrote:

one thing i would reccoomend personally, and i am going to do this with my fiance; is a factory reset using a computer. back up your data, then unplug your phone from the computer take out the batter and plug it back into your computer, once it cannoth connect it will ask you if you want to reinstall the os, do so. once you get to the poin of installation put the battery back in and click install. this will be a complete whipe.

While that process a viable one, it is does not necessarily result as described.

First, see complete backup instructions via the link in my auto-sig on this post...when backing up, there is much more to be concerned about than merely the backup taken by the Desktop Software.

Next, the detailed instruction KB:

• KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Next, clarifications...what happens is not a "factory reset" nor even a device Wipe...what happens is an OS reload, which overwrites what was on the BB previously, but does not first wipe it. Wiping is a separate process, which is often followed by an OS reload. And ResetToFactory is a very specific WIPE, and is the only way to accomplish one specific thing (removing any latent IT Policies):

• KB16307 Actions performed by the BlackBerry smartphone during the removal of stored user and application data

ajsbarra wrote:

secondly these are very basic instructions; if you are not comfterable following my instructions as posted above i encourage you to look up other guides or contact blackberry directly for more indepth assistance.

It is important to understand the support model...end users have no free method to "contact blackberry directly" for anything whatsoever. As per all contractual relationships in place, the support model is that the end user must contact their mobile service provider, their original place of purchase, or an authorized service center for all front line support -- it varies by region and specific issue, but each user should be provided, at the time of purchase, with proper documentation as to how the support model works for them. Each of those front-line support entities has the ability to escalate cases up to BlackBerry that require enhanced support, but end users cannot contact BlackBerry directly for anything (for free...there is a fee-based method).

Cheers and thanks again!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Good morning. I agree with you. My way was a very basic way of reloading the os to try to resolve the issue; and in the process all the information on the phone will be whiped when the new os is installed. This process may fix software glitches that have occured on the phone and may be the cause of the trackpad not working. I stress that this should be a last reasort because it is not a garenteed fix.

P.S. Sorry about some of the wording above. Also if you do contact bb direcetly they will charge you. So what I do is call my service provider and they will transfer me free of charge.
Hall of Famer III

ajsbarra wrote:
Good morning. I agree with you. My way was a very basic way of reloading the os to try to resolve the issue; and in the process all the information on the phone will be whiped when the new os is installed. This process may fix software glitches that have occured on the phone and may be the cause of the trackpad not working. I stress that this should be a last reasort because it is not a garenteed fix.

Agreed...indeed, there are no guarantees for anything, and that is exacerbated at an internet-distance.

ajsbarra wrote:

Also if you do contact bb direcetly they will charge you. So what I do is call my service provider and they will transfer me free of charge.

Yes, the fee-based method of contacting BlackBerry directly is called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since it bypasses the contract signed upon purchase. Anyone interested can investigate it here:

Some carriers are more "generous" than others at escalating to BlackBerry...indeed, some carrier agents don't even know that they have the ability to do so. So, sometimes it requires good persistence and knowledge on the part of the end user so as to avoid being fobbed off.

Good luck!

My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: Tmobile

I can open things using the letters and the enter button, I get hundreds of messages.I've had it many times rebooted, what should I do? People get angry because I cann't answer. Everything what I can do doesn't help. How can I fix this???Smiley Sad when it not can fixed i have to pay 30 euro's a month! Help me?!?!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

We have problems reported with the trackpads on all 166 of our 9360s, no similar problems with any other models.

Sometimes, in the middle of doing something it just screws up. In an email you will be able to scroll left and right through text but not up or down between address lines or message body. It's very frustrating and the only fix seems to be a battery pull.

Reports seem to be increasing lately which makes me wonder if it is heat related...

My Device: Q10 2013 model
My Carrier: Vodacomsa

Hi, Cant help much with the trackpad, my wifes has done the same thing and I am still trying to fix it. However I can help you to try and retrieve your messages.....I just typed "text message" and the help screnn popped up with the message icon highlighted. I pressed enter and then it allowed me to check my messages. Hope that this helps.

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Egypte

Please my track pack suddenly didn't work i don't know even why ...any help please !!!