Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry curves and WiFi

Everytime I try to connect my blackberry curve 8520 to WiFi it asks me to type in a certain code to my WiFi router. Which makes it impossible for me to connect since WiFi routers do not have buttons (not the one i've seen anyway).

How can I connect my blackberry to WiFi then ?

Please HELP.

Thank you. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry curves and WiFi

When you set up your Wi-Fi router, you assign it an SSID (aka a name that other devices use to identify your router) ans most often a password.  When your phone is trying to connect to your router, it's looking for that password.

If you don't remember entering a password for your router, you need to set up your Wi-Fi router from scratch and assign a password to it.  This can be done by unplugging your router for a few seconds then plugging it in again and setting it up.

I hope I've helped you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry curves and WiFi

I live in a community so I can't exactly turn off and on the WiFi router as I please.
Also my Blackberry does find my WiFi in the list of available WiFi Networks but when I click to connect it my phone says "enter this PIN into your wireless router" .
And when I try to "Manually Add Network" it says "Failed to connect to the Network" and I know that i am typing the right password and all .
I just don't understand . :/