Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Blackberry desktop software and itunes music sync problem

Ok so I have a Blackberry Torch 9800, OS 6.0 and the current blackberry desktop softer version 6.1.0.35.

I was previously able to access all my itunes music and playlists via the desktop software. But since I completed the software updates not all my music is loading into the software and none of my playlists are showing up.

I'm not sure if this is related but I believe that twice my phone has rebooted itself. I've also noticed that the new desktop software has had issues detecting my phone. My main concern is the problem with the music sync issue.

In the interim I have just dragged and dropped music files onto my memory card. Can you please let me know what I can do to fix this if anything....thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry desktop software and itunes music sync problem

I just experienced the same thing and after feeling frustrated for about an hour and wishing I'd learn my lesson and stop upgrading software for no reason, I went into the Desktop Manager software Device Settings.

Under Device Settingsgo to the Media tab and you'll see a Music Source option. I found that my default setting was on Windows Media Player instead of iTunes. Once I switched it back my view refreshed and my playlists showed up again.

Hope this helps!

Contributor

Unfortunatley that's not it I checked that setting and it is set to itunes. I have also tried re-installed Blackberry Desktop Software and itunes and no luck. I also made sure that I was opening Blackberry Desktop Software as an Administrator and that also made no difference.
Contributor

This media sync problem still has not been resolved any suggestions would be appreciated,.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300

I'm having the same problem. Tried removing Desktop Manager from my PC and reinstalling but it still shows iTunes Playlists that don't exist. I removed them from iTunes. 

Bottom line is iTunes and Desktop Manager no longer talk to eachother. 

This is very annoying.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300

Just figured it out...  i think

Go into DEVICE OPTIONS

Make sure you turn on all of these settings

+Organizer Data

+Media Files

+My Computers Date and Time with my Device

I had only 'My Computer' turned on after the update. As soon as I tunred on all 3, everything back to normal... i think

Contributor

Nope unfortunately that did not solve my problem. It seems that when I look at artists that blackberry media sync does not recognize any artists after the letter J as they are organizaed alphabetically. Also none of my playlists are showing up at all still. I'm hoping that a blackberry technical support member might actually shed some light on my situation if they ever decide to reply or comment on my thread.
Contributor

I belive while browsing through the forums that I saw something regarding corupted files posibly causing a problem however that does not explain why none of my playlists are showing.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Try a couple things:

Delete your 'iTunes Music Library.xml' file from C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes ... this won't hurt iTunes. This file is only outputted. Next time you launch iTunes it will re-build it from your library. (be sure to do that after you delete it).

Then delete %appdata%Research In Motion\BlackBerry Media Sync\MediaSyncLibraryitunes.tle ... this is a cache file that Desktop uses.

Relaunch Desktop and see if you get any better results.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

In what directory do I find "%appdata%Research In Motion\BlackBerry Media Sync\MediaSyncLibraryitunes.tle " ??

FYI I've tried doing a file search and I can't locate it.

I've also looked under C:users/appdata but that does not appear to be the correct directory.