Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry desktop software and itunes music sync problem

Just paste:

%appdata%Research In Motion\BlackBerry Media Sync

Into windows explorer ... should take you to the folder.  

Maybe I don't have the exact name of the file right.  Anything that ends with .tle is just a cache file and could be deleted.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Ok so I tried that but I still can't locate the file. I also did a search in Windows Explorer within My Computer for all files with .tle extensions and no results found. I'm using Windows Vista so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

That's the less critical of the 2 ... maybe it doesn't exist.

Did you try removing the XML file, restarting iTunes, then starting Desktop?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes I did and I still have the same problem...actually I had previously reinstalled itunes all together and moved my music directory and that also did not fix the problem.

Before the software update everything was working fine. All my itunes playlists and music loaded properly. Since the update is when this problem started.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Rogers

I got mine updating back to normal now.

Try this.

In Desktop Manager go to Files, find your Music folder, locate your playlist files, delete them. restart Desktop Manager. It will do a fresh sync to iTunes and add new playlist copies. Now when i add remove mp3's in iTunes it updates automatically in Desktop Manager.

For me the directory structure was this.

Media Card / Blackberry / Music / Media Sync / Playlists / .....
Contributor

Ok perfect I will give it a try if I can get BB desktop manger to detect my phone....that also seems to be a problem that I'm getting intermittently. Once I have troubleshooted that I'll give your suggestion a try and post the results. thanks.
Contributor

Ok so I went to the directory you suggested once I was able to get Blackberry Desktop software to detect my phone. However the directory is empty I have already deleted all my music files and tried to readd music using the desktop software however same problem. I wonder if I should contact my wireless carrier or contact blackberry technical support at this point because I've beeen trying to resolve this for a month now.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Having same problem using DM except my music is media player. The real killer is it was all there last week & now it's gone.
Only about 10 artist, playlists for artist that are not listed under the artist column.

I've not installed/upgraded DM. I've deleted the file in %appdata%Research In Motion\BlackBerry Media Sync. It caused the lists to refresh but it is still showing the same lists.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bumping this tread as this issue is still not resolved.

I'm calling Blackberry tech support...and so far not impressed I've been hung up on 2 times now. Tech support was totally useless....they stated that they dont give support for media player issues. I asked well what media player software does blackberry provide that works with their hardware...their reply "none". SO FRUSTRATING.

Contributor

Note that I have been reading up on the forums and noticed an entry regarding corrupted music files causing a problem. It appears what they did to resolve the problem was to go through their log files and find the culprit and then delete the incriminating file (s)....I wouldn't even know where to begin with this if anyone knows how to do this and could help me that would be much appreciated.