Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry desktop software and itunes music sync problem

Had the same problem. My "media source" options under device options was also Itunes. I swithced to Windows Media Player, saved, and then back to Itunes and saved. It fixed. Hope it helps

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

I am having this same problem.......BDM does not see any of my iTunes music at all.......worked fine up until a couple of weeks ago.  Didn't change anything! 

Have followed this thread and tried all the suggestions but still not working.....any other help???

Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thanks for the suggestion but didn't do a thing. I suspect I will never get this issue resolved I opted to buy a 32 gb media card and just drag and drop my music only problem is I loose all my playlists I spent so long setting up. I guess I'll just need to switch to android I think that might be the best solution.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

I ended up finding another stream about this issue.....I uninstalled iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour, Apple Application Support (in that order) and then re-installed iTunes. 

Also uninstalled and re-installed BB desktop software.....and now works perfectly......good luck.

Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Ok so I had given up on this issue awhile ago but here I am with no resolution. I have switched media sync to windows media player (I gave up with itunes). I have tried to sync my entire music library but I end up getting a message from my phone stating that fatal errors have been detected on the memory card which requires that I reformat the card. I bleive the problem is that I have some corupted files in my music library. I have downloaded some freeware for detecting corrupted files and have already removed some but still no louck I guess I just need to keep looking.
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Hi I got the same problem after installing iTunes 10. I uninstalled that and installed version 9.2.1 (get it from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1056 ) now works fine.

If after the downgrade , iTunes flags an error with the library file (can't open it since it was created with later version) then you need to rebuild thelibrary as follows:

- locate the iTunes Library.itl file

-delete it (or rename to something else if you think you might need it later).

-in the same directory there will be a folder called 'previous iTunes libraries'. Locate the version dated just before you upgraded to version 10, and use it inplace of the one you just deleted (name the file iTunes Library.itl).

- restart iTunes and will rebuild the library.

-one snag is that any additions or deletions from the library when using version 10 will be lost.