Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry desktop software - will not add single music albums (totally useless)

[ Edited ]

I've rarely come across anything quite so rubbish as the 'Blackberry Desktop software; that Mac users are obliged to use. ALL I want to do is to be able to copy INDIVIDUAL albums from my Mac to my Blackberry Playbook. One at a time; NOT an entire 'synch'. But when I open the software it shows me some (not all) of the music that is already on my Playbook. I do NOT want to synch every single album on my Mac, but I seem to only have two options:

1) I uncheck all the albums showing in the window as being on the Playbook already, & I just tick the one album I wish to transfer. This just wipes off all the other music on the Playbook - Useless.

2) I leave all the albums checked & I add the new one to be copied over. This RE-copies all of the albums so they are all now on the Playbook TWICE; every album has two copies of each song. Even MORE useless.

For a short while I was able to see the Playbook in the Finder window, & I just dragged & dropped files across, so I could ignore the useless desktop software. But for reasons I cannot understand my Mac has suddenly decided the Playbook is invisible & refsues to show it in Finder.

Can anyone help? Really, copying across albums must be one of THE most simple tasks, yet this idiotic software is not capable of doing it!