Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry desktop software

Hello,

I am unable to download the blackberry desktop software to my home computer.  I have Windows XP and I received an error message when trying to download the software.  I cannot back up my blackberry without this software.  Any help would be great as I need to reset my blackberry because I am unable to download any apps or receive my personal e-mails to my phone or use BBM and resetting the phone to its factory settings is the only solution I have been given.

If anyone can help me get this problem solved I would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry desktop software

Downloading BlackBerry Desktop Software is PC stuff, which I don't deal in.  The problems you're experiencing, however, are BlackBerry stuff......territory I DO deal in.  So let's have a look.

The very first question I have to ask is: do you have BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) with Rogers?  Most of the problems you described can be attributed to not having BIS on your account.

Once you've confirmed that you have BIS, we can proceed.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: 8900 & 9900
My Carrier: Du

Re: Blackberry desktop software

I have got Black berry 8900 and now i have brouht 9900 i want to transfer all my pin contact mail and sms picture etc in new phone