Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Re: Blackberry emails delayed

I've been told by my carrier that they can;t help. even though I have tried everything possible including re-registering, deleting service books, deleting CMIME, registering services books. deleting email accounts, factory resets...

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Again, it all depends on the email. If you're using Exchange over Outlook Web Access you will be stuck with the 20 minute delay. If you're using an IMAP IDLE connection to your Exchange then I think it should be nearly instant. BES on Exchange is instant.

BIS email is instant only in a few cases. GMail is instant and Yahoo is instant. Hotmail/MS/Live/Outlook.com used to be instant but MS disabled it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

The problem is that I never had a delay prior to three weeks ago in seven years. Since then, it's been delayed, for no apperent reason...

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You still haven't said what email provider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hotmail x 2, Go Daddy x 2, MS Exchange x 1, Gmail x 1

Guru II

The only one that changed recently was Hotmail. The others just depend on how they're set up but shouldn't have changed on their own.

New Contributor

I agree...there's no reason for anything to have happened, other than BlackBerry deverting attention away from OS7/BIS infrastructure in recent weeks...

Guru II

No, the mail providers are slowly pulling back their services. Google used to offer Exchange Active Sync. Now it's IMAP only. MS pulled the link between their mail and BIS. This is the sort of thing one should expect in the technology realm. I have an Outlook.com account on my Z30 that is set up via Exchange Active Sync and it works perfectly.

While BIS is still supported it is legacy technology. Have you tried removing any of the accounts and re-adding them? Don't bother with Hotmail as we know for sure it won't change.

New Contributor

Yup - Ive deleted the emails and reinserted - no change.

I've even done a FULL security wipe and factory reset and reinserted emails via BlackBerry ID and no change either...

Guru II

Sometimes these accounts drop to polling intervals for a while and then fix themselves in a few days. I've seen that happen. I don't have any other answers.