12-18-2013 09:45 AM
There is a invalid firmware version for the Blackberry 9320 for the Windmobie network. See youtube's
"Blackberry fake firmware for the 9320 for the windmobile carrier"
I was told by a Windmobile supervisor that the firmware is not Windmobiles responsibility. The firmware when downloaded from blackberry web site and installed on a window 7 machine shows an unknown publisher. It should show blackberry. When I contact Blackberry via twitter support they ignore the message and do not respond.
12-20-2013 09:43 PM
If you suspect that the OS package you are attempting to use is invalid, then try a different one. The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.
6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:
If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Good luck and let us know!
12-31-2013 09:33 PM
This should never occur, It is a very serious security problem that many people would not be aware which would lead to a continued installation of this non valid firmware and then they would have problems as it is not validated by Blackberry.
Blackberry has not responded to my notification. As a security company they have allowed this software to exist since Nov-2013 and I have to wonder how many other blackberry firmware this has occurred
See youtube.com "Blackberry fake firmware for 9320 for the Windmobile Carrier for the firmware false.
01-14-2014 11:42 PM
01-14-2014 11:43 PM