Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9860
My Carrier: Airtel

Blackberry frozen on startup screen

Hi Guys,

my torch 9860 is stuck 3/4 way on the start up screen.

after connecting to DM, it asked to reinstall os 7. but when booting again its stuck in the same place.

i tried down grading, upgrading, full wipe everything. but when it comes to rebooting after new software installation it gets stuck in same place. i even reinstalled the OS with apploader, but stll same issue. can anyone help me. im lost without my bb. no contacts and no mails. i already have a back up of info, but i need my bb

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry frozen on startup screen

How long have you let the device sit at the startup screen? I've seen those devices take 20-30 minutes and sometimes an hour on that boot up screen and then boot normally after that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

hi thanks for your quick reply. ive left it overnight for 2 days but no result. it oes not pass the 3/4 mark on the start up screen

Contributor

even now its plugged in for over 2 hours but stuck at the same place
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Have you tried wiping the device completely using JL_Cmder?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/18789-jl_cmder.html

Once you wipe with this software the device should show an error 507 and you can reload the OS from scratch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

yes did that too.but after new os installation still stuck at same place when rebooting
Guru II

If you've done that then there isn't much more that can be done. There is a hardware failure that you likely can't do anything about.

Contributor

if it were hardware failure then rebooting wouldn't even start right?
Guru II

If you can't recover it with JL_Cmder from a 507 error then there is nothing you can do.

Contributor

anything else i can do to recover phone