Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: us-blackberry 9810
My Carrier: 5 year

Re: Blackberry id won't update (80002)

I am using blackberry 9810 ,but when I was download any app.the browsor to continue I must updated my smartphone .what can I do? I using with mobile net work no access to use wireless net work ,how can update on mobile site?
My Device: Bold 9780 and a Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I notice lots of people still posting about the 80002 issue on the web, and not much by way of any meaningful support from BlackBerry folks or users on this forum or anywhere else.  This problem has been driving me crazy for weeks but I have found a work around that has worked for me on my Bold 9780 and on a Curve 9320, so for anyone else who has tried the workarounds at http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29300 and http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29613 and had no improvement, here is another option:

On both of my phones, the problem seems to have been caused by a bad instal of another app, namely WhatsApp.  I deleted WhatsApp, then reopened Blackberry World, and hey presto the BlackBerry ID download and install was successful.  I then downloaded WhatsApp again from BB World, and everything seems fine.

So try deleting one or two apps, rebooting the phone, and then going to BB World and asttempt the ID update again.

I want to have my Z10's babies.
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Old stream, I know but for anyone else having this problem - my 9900 has been prompting me to upgrade Blackberry ID for a few months but I've managed to bypass it (I always avoid updating when I can because bb updates have caused me so many problems in past and today was not an exception).  Today I couldn't access bbm without agreeing to upgrade so I accepted the update.  It said it was updating but froze on that screen for about 40 minutes so I finally pulled the battery.  When I rebooted my keyboard had shut down entirely!  I couldn't use any of the alpha numeric buttons but the return button, blackberry menu button and the phone answer/hang up buttons all stopped functioning as well.  I tried to run the blackberry suggested work arounds but without any keyboard at all I couldn't even navigate to the menus. Of course I did multiple restarts, I tried connecting to desktop manager and anything else I could think of but nothing worked.  Finally, after completely reinstalling my operating system I did as suggested and started deleting apps.  I deleted about 10 random apps and to my amazement when I restarted again my phone had gone from completely useless to suddenly in usual working order again!  Thank you so much for your help - I thought my phone was done for.

(have to add ... **bleep** Blackberry!! how incredibly infuriating!!!  This is obviously an ongoing issue and Blackberry hasnt done anything about it.  My phone is now completely reset - Its taken 7 hours of my day to get the phone working again and its going to take me another 2 or 3 to get everything back to my preferences.  I've lost all my texts, emails, updates and who knows what else.  Many of Blackberry's remaining customers are business users - I'm one of them and its a serious problem when I lose both time and data like this!)

Solutions: 6,361
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Daylin wrote:

I've lost all my texts, emails, updates and who knows what else.

I hope you've performed regular backups of your device. That's a VERY highly regarded business practice.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Blackberry 9860
My Carrier: BSNL Broadband

Hi..i have done same things..have you got any solution???

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 9619302369

Hi bro I have same issue

It's shameful for blackberry for such a silly issue, it is happening because server down or bad programming done, even core Chinese fone's do have better service of os

Dear blackberry ppl it's not accepted at all so many ppl are making complain and you guys and taking any action not even single reply really disappointed 😞
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: other

[ Edited ]

Asharbty wrote:

problem Error 80002 " The sotware upgrade was interrputed. please try again "

hellow, my phone is 9900, i updated my phone to 7.1 bundle 2061, latest versian of app world which is 4.0.063 something like that

i would really really appriciate if you would help me or anyone that can help me 

these are all the steps i tried still it did not work 

1. tried removing battries

2. tried using wifi also 

3. tried changing date/time to atomatic

4. tried going to APN, and enabling it and typing Internet 

5. tried resending the address book 

6. tried creating new blackberry it didn't work since it didn't let me log off the old one, and when ever i try to enter new ID blackberry id it says, email already used even though there is no where i'm signed in ... 

7. again and again removed battries still it didn't work 

8. tried reinstalling App world 

9. tried finding blackberry id and delete it in the application management, i couldn't find it 

i've done all this yet nothing seems to work Smiley Frustrated what the hell is wrong with the app world, it keeps telling me software upgrade was intrupted 

And more than 4 years later, EXACTLY the same happened here,
and I tried the same steps

"server is not available"
retry and try to retry, retry again

No one seems to have a solution, even bbb folks?

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Indosat

try to push this BBID via BBSAK,only for OS7.1