Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Base

Re: Blackberry in Ukraine (question to RIM)

Actually they do! The only provider in Ukraine offering BB phones and services is MTS Ukraine, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MTS, the largest Russian mobile operator. I have just got off the phone with them. Wanted to know whether they added a Ukrainian language option to the OS7 adapted for their network. Thought of downloading and installing their version on my Bold. The answer was: all their phones are sold with RUSSIAN keyboards and RUSSIAN language options. NO UKRAINIAN! When I asked a rep to explain how they can hope to meet the requirements of those who want to type in Ukrainian, without resorting to all those tricks, he said that third party options are available. Incredible! I suggested that they should call Vodafone in the UK and Germany and ask them why they give their users an option to type in English and Deutsch respectively, instead of having it all in French or Spanish.

If I don’t find a relatively easy solution to add Ukrainian to my typing options, I will have to (drowning in tears!) abandon the platform that I love so much, have been stubbornly, staunchly and enthusiastically supportive of, trying to convince everyone and their dogs that they should give it a shot ...

BLACKBERRY, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ON THIS ONE!!!

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Base

The only provider in Ukraine offering BB phones and services is MTS Ukraine, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of MTS, the largest Russian mobile operator. I have just got off the phone with them. Wanted to know whether they added a Ukrainian language option to the OS7 adapted for their network. Thought of downloading and installing their version on my Bold. The answer was: all their phones are sold with RUSSIAN keyboards and RUSSIAN language options. NO UKRAINIAN! When I asked a rep to explain how they can hope to meet the requirements of those who want to type in Ukrainian, without resorting to all those tricks, he said that third party options are available. Incredible! I suggested that they should call Vodafone in the UK and Germany and ask them why they give their users an option to type in English and Deutsch respectively, instead of having it all in French or Spanish.

If I don’t find a relatively easy solution to add Ukrainian to my typing options, I will have to (drowning in tears!) abandon the platform that I love so much, have been stubbornly, staunchly and enthusiastically supportive of, trying to convince everyone and their dogs that they should give it a shot ...

BLACKBERRY, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ON THIS ONE!!!
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

what a disaster!

Seriously, how difficult would it be to "bake in" Ukrainian language input into the BB OS10??

... and, of course no word from BlackBerry on this matter whatsoever.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

hobnob wrote:

Nor, in this particular community, ever to be expected whatsoever...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

hobnob wrote:

what a disaster!

Seriously, how difficult would it be to "bake in" Ukrainian language input into the BB OS10??

and... you're posting this in the legacy device OS section.

Tell Blackberry... on twitter @BlackBerry or @HelpBlackBerry

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Bell

yes indeed still using legacy BB OS device. This until I can be more certain of the future of BB10. I would very much like to migate to the new platform. With regards to @Blackberry, I've seen numerous requests online for clarification without any response whatsoever.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I see people ask for a million dollars online with no response.

This forum is composed of users, not BlackBerry personnel or employees.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I agree. I just created a post that BlackBerry has new os10 out but only Russian as a language for Ukraine. This makes me sick.

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: mtmobile

really disqusting comment.

(mistake with forum ? its not szchiropatriotic about pseudoculture)

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: mtmobile

buy fckn china's iphone or ukrainian phones.