Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Blackberry in reboot loop

I was updating software on Blackberry Torch 9800.  Had just loaded Slide2open from Jared and received a Java exception error and then I installed new Blackberry Messenger.  Phone is now in an endless rebooting mode, stays 'alive' for only 35 seconds and then reboots itself.  Any suggestions on what and how to fix this?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry in reboot loop

try

How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I was able to put the phone in 'Safe Mode', deleted the software I thought was the culprit, the Jared 'Slide2Open' and proceeded to restart the phone.  Now the phone is in an endless reboot mode never making it pass the black screen showing 'Blackberry' and the progress bar.  As soon as the bar reaches the end of the reboot, it starts again.  I saw someelse in the forum is having the same problem (constant rebooting)..... I'm wondering if the culprit is the new Blackberry Messenger I had downloaded around the same time.  

I have tried to get back into 'Safe Mode' to no avail.  Any other suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Telus

Hi,

I'm having the same issue.  It's not due to the Slide to Open update, but is due to a BBM udpate.  I accepted the update to BBM this morning and have been having the same problem since.  Could someone please provide some detail as how to but the 9860 in safe mode?  I've tried holding the back/undo button after the red LED goes out, but I may be doing something wrong.

If I can't get into safe mode, are there any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Scott.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if stuck in reboots and can not get to safe mode then maybe its time to reload the OS.

you can try running loader.exe from an OS download and connect when the progress line moves to connect.

some times you have to use BBSAK to remove the OS.

Wish I had moe to offer, maybe some one else will chime in.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  Someone else is having the same problem after loading the new BBM update, which I was also doing.  Maybe Blackberry support will look into this and offer a solution, since this appears to perhaps be a problem with their BBM update.

New Contributor

Hi ssmartinez,

Could you please provide the process you used in order to successfully get your device to start in safe mode the first time?  I'd just like to see if I am not doing something wrong.

Thanks!

Scott.

Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

pull battery, put in battery then hold esc key down after LED goes out.

Works on a 9860 also.

it is that curved arrow key you have to hold down

New Contributor

Thanks knottyrope,

Did this work for you?  I tried holding down the escape key after the red LED went out, but all that occurred was that the hourglass icon was displayed and then the standard reboot screen with a progress bar.  I waited until the progress bar reached completion to see if safe mode would come up at this point, but the reboot cycle just started over again. 

This is a real pain in the a$$.  Looks like I may have to perform my first OS reload if I can't remove BBM via the software on my desktop.

Scott.

Guru III
My Device:

also BBSAK can remove apps as well when Desktop manager cant.