Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry internet won't work

So i had to get my phone replaced back in October, because I knocked a drink onto it.

I got a new one, but since then, i haven't managed to access the internet, even though we pay £5 a month to get this package.

Everytime i try to use the internet, it says, your device does not have an accessible wifi connection, or something similar.

So we called Orange multiple times, and they say my blackberry pin has not been changed on my account, and i need to do it. But i have no idea how?!

And when we popped into the shop, they said they couldn't help me as it had nothing to do with them.

Would appreciate any help or ideas with regards to this.

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry internet won't work

Login to App World.  To do so, you will need a BlackBerry ID.  As soon as you login from your new phone, App World will recognize that it's a new phone and will ask you if you want to make your new PIN the PIN that is associated with your account.  You'll answer 'Yes' and BAM......problem solved!

I hope I've been helpful to you.  Smiley Happy

P.S.  When you popped into the shop, they should have told you what I just told you.  I'm getting pretty tired of hearing about carriers who don't know how to properly support the phones they sell.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

You are awesome! Thank you so much, can't believe how simple it was after 3 months of trying! I am with Orange and they have been absolutely useless! Thank you, you've made me a very happy person Smiley Happy

Elite II

I'm glad I was able to help you (and I'm glad you think I'm awesome).

Come on back if you ever encounter more weirdness with your phone.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

hahaha i spoke too soon.... turns out my phone was just running off my wireless. though it seemed promisnig as did the whole ID thing. Still can't seem to connect to the blackberry internet service. It's ridiculous and Orange can't have been any less helpful! I've tried something else, via my orange account, it can take up to 24 hours so i shall wait and see.... So annoyed, got to app world, changed the ID, downloaded a couple of Apps, phone rebooted a few times. But nope, tis not happening! Grrrr. But still pleased with your reply, because i definitely hadn't updated the ID. There definitely is just some kind of problem with getting the internet on this phone =/ not good!

Elite II

But I'm still awesome, right? Smiley Wink

Wait out the 24 hours and if you're still having trouble, post back and we'll have another look at it. Smiley Happy