Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: Sprint

Blackberry is making a mistake with AT&T

Why must Blackberry follow the same path as Apple? We've all heard or read about how AT&T has the crappiest network of the major carriers for iphone users. So why does Blackberry feel the need to short change their loyal customers by only selling the Blackberry Torch on  AT&T?  I love my blackberry phone, and will probably  never buy another brand but I was very disappointed to find that the Blackberry torch is only available to AT&T customers. I currently have verizon and thinking about switching to Sprint but I will never switch to AT&T. I would rather buy another brand phone supported by Verizon or Sprint then switch to AT&T and be subject to drop calls, slow internet, etc.  Blackberry is severly limiting the Torch potential and its  profits by selling the phone excusivly on AT&T network. Whats the point of having a faster browser if  the connection doesn't even work 50% of the time?  I'm sure that I'm not the only blackberry customer who is disappointed by this. The best thing us consumers can do to change Blackberry's behavior is to vote with our wallets. DON'T BUY THE TORCH THROUGH AT&T!!!!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Blackberry is making a mistake with AT&T

i'm sure AT&T paid blackberry a substantial sum of money for such exclusive rights.  that's what it's all about.  for me, AT&T signal works very well for the most part.  do they have blind spots?  well of course they do.  but so do the other services.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

It's cuz AT&T is the mobile mafia and their headquarters is in Sicily , Italy ... Lol
Seen God 7/11/1995. I met Satan 6/2008 and in 2009... I was c r u c i f i e d by Spirits..
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9350
My Carrier: Sprint

Well, I guess we know where Blackberry loyalty lies....with AT&T. It's disappointing to see a company that makes a great product sell it exculsivly to a company that  should be spending money to upgrade its infastructure rather then to get exculsive products from phone manufacturers.  Apple has already  realized this, and I think one reason why Verizon will start carrying iphones in December or Janurary.

Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I had extensive experience with Sprint Nextel with 8 business lines before I switched to AT&T. I have found AT&T to be far superior. Really no problems at all. AT&T customer service has also been terrific.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Well AT&T requested the device be made hence the exclusive rights. I didn't see anybody complaining about the Storm being exclusive to Verizon, it's pretty much the same deal.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

One of the biggest reasons a new Blackberry will roll out on AT&T vs. Verizon is because it is GSM. RIM can market a GSM phone to more carriers worldwide as than a CDMA phone like on Verizon.

Other than that, between the other GSM carriers in the STates, AT&T has a larger customer base so it is smarter for RIM to sell to AT&T rather than a smaller carrier.

It doesn't mean it is a great carrier, it is just a smarter business decision based on numbers.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

It all  depends on where you are located...in my area, AT&T is far superior than Verizon and Sprint...soooo....