Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry is stalling

I get a little square in the middle of the screen, with a clock-like hand rotating in it.  This lasts for anywhere from 30 seconds to many minutes.  Then the BBerry behaves normally for a while.  Plus the battery is draining much faster than usual.  And I got a new battery only about a month ago. 

I tried removing and replacing the battery. 

I am trying to keep this guy going until the Q10 comes out in the US.  What can I do?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry is stalling

Hi EllnM

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

That black square or an clock may appear in our device homescreen in certain situation like , if your device is suffering from low memory , any installed application or if applications run in the background.To know what application are running  in the background press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) you can always look if any other apps. are running in the background.

Sometime a bad app can also create such issue , if you recently installed any application then you should consider deleting that particular application, which might help .

You can also consider reloading your device software, In most cases Reloading / updating our device OS fixes such issue . To do that first do a proper backup of your device , for help refer to this article : How To Backup Your BlackBerry . Once you have your backup you can follow this Knowledge Base to perform a Clean OS reload : 

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Hopefully it will get your device going until Q10 been released and even after that Smiley Happy

try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.