Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry is stuck on start screen with blackberry logo and 3/4 loading

Hey,

My blackberry messengers were not going through so i restarted it, after turning it back on it wouldnt load. 

Now its been 3 hours and its stuck on the same screen with the blackberry logo and it loads 3/4 and then stops there. I called rogers tech support, and they said i have to reinstall os but when i try to do that and open the blackberry desktop manager and i connect it to my phone, it says that its waiting for device to start. 

It wont load it though .. I dont know what to do Please help

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry is stuck on start screen with blackberry logo and 3/4 loading

Turning the phone off with the red phone key then restarting it will do little to nothing to ever correct a problem.

Make sure your phone is turned off.  Turn it on again.  Once the status bar starts moving, remove your battery then replace it a few seconds later.

Let us know if that does the trick.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry is stuck on start screen with blackberry logo and 3/4 loading

It sort of  did the trick.  I had the problem described in this thread , where after my battery died the phone only restored to the Verizon splash page.  After trying the solution described in that thread involving the loader, the phone then had the problem described above.

Your solution did work, but all data not on my sim card is gone.  Contacts, memos, everything.  Is it gone forever?