Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9800 aka Torch

Blackberry messenger downgrade???

Hi,

Can some one please help me.. I am hating the new blackberry messenger 5, it doesnt display my contact profile pictures as well as my own. I had the blackberry bold 9700 and i loved my blackberry messenger on that but i think it may have been 4.6?

What im asking is can you downgrade from 5.0 even though it was already preloaded on my Blackberry Torch?

P.s i have already did a backup and delete of the current bb messenger so I am kinda without for the time being Smiley Sad... Your help and suggestions would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracy

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry messenger downgrade???

Hi Tracy,

I'm the same - no contact images and they can't see mine either.  I Upg'd from a 9700 to the 9800.

Don't think BBM can be downgraded - since it comes part of BB OS6 (the new operating system).

Apparently it's something to do with the latest update to BBM5, which affects all devices.  BB/RIM are working on a fix. 

Until then I think we're stuck Smiley Sad  but it's a great device except for the wee BBM glitch.  I use BBM a lot, so it's pretty annoying - guessing you're the same??

You can re-install the BBM into it, but it'll prob still have the issue with your contacts.

Andy