Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry messenger on OS V 4.5.0.127. HELP!

This week, my curve 8830 was updated to OS version 4.5.0.127. Blackberry messenger has just disappeared, a wholly unexpected turn of events. I've searched blackberry.com futilely.

Can someone help me figure out how to messenger back on my phone? I didn't think to back up stuff when they switched me to the new OS at work..

Thanks for any suggestions!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Blackberry messenger on OS V 4.5.0.127. HELP!

Let's check and see if it's really gone first. If you go into Options | Advanced Options | Applications do you see BlackBerry Messenger in the list? If you do see it then it's still installed on the phone. On my previous device, after updating to the 4.5 OS I think I found the Messenger in the Applications folder.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Blackberry messenger is not in the applications folder.

Where do we go from here?

gary

Elite I

Was it missing from the Applications list also? If so, then if you go through the Application Loader or load the OS one more time, just make sure that the BlackBerry Messenger has a check next to it. Also make sure the "Action" column says Install or Upgrade. If it does then the application will be reinstalled.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Contributor

in Applications are: BlackBerry 4.5.0 Core applications, BlackBerry 4.5.0 System software, Browser, Email Setup Application, GolfLogix (which I downloaded AFTER the update left me without BBM), GoogleTalk (same as golflogix) and Phone
Elite I

There should be an "Options" or "Advanced" button to hit, depending on what version of the Desktop Manage you have installed. If you go into Options you should see a lot more apps. See if BlackBerry Messenger is listed.
Contributor

Our guy who handles phones has been wrestling with this with me for a couple of days. Is it possible that the OS version he got (4.5.0.127) doesn't HAVE messenger on it, and if so, is there a version of at least 4.5.0.77 you know of that definitely has it when it's installed? He's changed  versions of Desktop Manager at least once.

thanks for all your correspondance so far!

gary

Contributor

When we get to that point, messenger just isn't among the apps. This is getting increasingly frustrating.

Highlighted
Elite I

Do you know if the person installed your carrier's OS or another carrier's OS?
Contributor

He says he installed the generic RIM OS, not the Cellular South