Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry.net access

[ Edited ]

I am having a problem accessing my blackberry.net account, as I forgot my pw.  I clicked on the link for "forgot pw" and got the secret question to which I answered it correctly.  It then says:

A password reset email has been sent to {REMOVED}

Next steps
1. Sign in to this email account through a web browser.

2. Open the password reset email and click the link to reset your password.

My problem is that I do not have a blackberry.net folder on my phone, and I have changed settings to show all folders.  How can I retreive the password reset link if I can't access that address, or how can I access that address? 

Thanks!

Phil

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Blackberry.net access

You can only view blackberry.net email addresses ON the BlackBerry. Sorry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.  Is there any way to have my XXXXX.blackberry.net activated on the phone so I can view the PW that BB says it sent to that address?  Also, I d/l the most recent sw for my Bold 9900 this past Sunday, and on Monday all my e-mail folders (10) just disappeared.  I have been successful in recreating some of those such as Hotmail & Yahoo addresses, but my verizon.net addresses receive but do not send messages, and one of my verizon.net addresses show on the em setup screen with a yahoo icon, but clearly says it is a verizon.net address, and is somehow connected to one of my yahoo addresses.  Is there one central thing causing these problems, or could the sw update be corrupt.  Is there any way to go back to the previous sw that I had prior to these problems?

Thanks again.

Phil

IF you restore your backup from before the upgrade, it might restore that email address, but I am almost certain you'll you'll be asked for the password.

Your Verizon.net address you should be able to delete and setup again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestions, but my knowledge on this is somewhat limited.  How do I restore a previous backup? 

I have deleted the verizon address and recreated it and the same issue occurs.  I have also sent the service books to try and aleviate the problem. 

Phil

Highlighted

Open your BlackBerry Desktop Software with your 9900 connected to the PC via the USB cable.

Once the 9900 is recognized as connected, click on Device > Restore and you'll see the restore data options.

Knowledge Base Updates