Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry not connecting to the internet

For the past 24 hours or so, my blackberry has not been able to connect to the internet (I can't use my browser, I have not been getting my emails, I can't use any of the applications that require the internet connection). I tried removing my battery to reset it, but that didn't solve the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry not connecting to the internet

Hi there!

What does your signal indicator say? Not knowing your carrier, I don't know the right question to ask...but for me, on VZW, I must have 1XEV (all upper case) or things aren't correct. What does your say (EDGE, 2G, 3G, etc...just below the signal strength bars)?

If you don't have all upper case, then you need to contact your carrier as upper case is required for full functions. Lower case (1xev) would mean the BB sees the network, but is not connected -- and your carrier is in control of that. Without a full network, none of the other recommendations will work.

If you have upper case, then try these things:

Re-register HRT

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is highlighted) > Register Now

Resend Service Books:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02830

You say you've done the batt-pull...did you do it exactly like this?

With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Give those things a try and let us know.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

thanks for the quick response. I have VZW as well and I see a 1xev on the top right of the screen. So I'll be calling them.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Try this first...dial *228 and select option 1. Then call it again, but select option 2. Then do this:

With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If that gets you to 1XEV, then go back to the recommendations in my prior post (starting with HRT).

Best!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 07-19-2009 11:22 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

thanks again for your help. I called *228 and did as you suggested. It switched to 1XEV temporarily and then I took the battery out, etc, and the internet still didn't work. In fact, as I am typing this message, the 1XEV switched back to 1xev