Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: o2 uk

Blackberry os7 vs iOS 5

Why is blackberry os7 so slow compared to ios 5 ??? And why do blackberries not have as many apps as a iOS ???
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry os7 vs iOS 5

OS 7 is slower because it's part of a BlackBerry, the best communications tool in the world.  A BlackBerry is used for keeping in touch with those around you.  iOS is a toy for people who like playing games.  BlackBerries have fewer apps than iOS because all you need is a few apps in each key category, not hundreds upon hundreds.  So iOS has ten times the amount of free flashlight apps than BlackBerry.  Exactly how many free flashlight apps do you need to choose from?  A flashlight app is a flashlight app.  If you look at App World, there are many apps in each category and many of them are free.  In addition, you can buy many of them directly from the app developers on their own sites; you can't do that with iOS.  Also, with many carriers worldwide, you can put the cost of an app from App World right on your monthly cell bill; with iOS, you can't.

I hope I've answered your questions.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: o2 uk

Yes I had the blackberry bold 9900 and it kept crashing and coming up with loads of errors like jvm and Uncaught exception messages that's even with the latest software on it. So decided to buy the iPhone 4s which has a more smoother operation system loads of applications free ones and they actually work for example the Facebook application on the blackberry wouldn't let me log in and when it did it wouldn't receive notification,and the iPhone application is like the desktop Facebook you can see groups on the app it's self. Plus the blackberry had 5 megapixel camera which was really fuzzy and blurry unlike the iPhones 8megapixel camera which is amazing and the iPhone is like a business phone with the email and the new Siri is amazing and each time apple bring a new software out there's new features on it the only problem with blackberry is they bring os7.1 out for 7.0 customers and they forget about the people with os6 see aplle bring iOS 5 out too all iPhone users and anyone can upgrade to the latsest software
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Rogers

Sadly, the BlackBerry 9900 is not RIM's strongest offering, in my opinion.  It's too bad you had that model; it makes arguing for BlackBerry phones tougher (again, my opinion).

Now, if you had the Torch 9850/60 or the Bold 9870, I'd stick up for them against anything iOS has to offer.  I know people who have iPhones and my Torch 9860 is just as responsive, just as quick, just as smooth and has every app I could ever want.

The fact is, comparing iOS to RIM phones is like comparing apples to oranges, or blackberries if you will.  They both serve different purposes.  Apple is slowly becoming a business phone (but isn't as capable as BlackBerry phones yet) and BlackBerry phones are slowly becoming gaming devices as well as great cameras (but they're not quite up to par with Apple in these areas).  The important thing is to get a phone that works for you.  I'm quite happy with my Torch and I hope you're happy with your iPhone.

I will say this:  I've seen what RIM has to offer in the way of BlackBerry 10 devices and I can see the gap narrowing in the very near future.

Thanks for your comments.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.