Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry phone for GSM&CDMA

Hi

I wonder if there is a blackberry phone that supports both GSM and CDMA2000 450 Mhz networks. Would be nice to be able to use both standards with one handset. Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blackberry phone for GSM&CDMA

You can check the below link for comparing BlackBerry device that supports both GSM and CDMA coverage - http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/compare/product-attr-compare.jsp?products=1667&products=883&pro...

As far as I know there is no BlackBerry device that supports 450 MHz frequency. This frequency is mostly used by WLL operators.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

Question: So a AT&T subsciber with Blackberry data plan can put their SIM card into a Verizon Blackberry phone (newer Blackberry) and phone will work, vice versa?Smiley Surprised
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

KingCobra wrote:
Question: So a AT&T subsciber with Blackberry data plan can put their SIM card into a Verizon Blackberry phone (newer Blackberry) and phone will work, vice versa?Smiley Surprised

Maybe. If the VZW BB has been unlocked from VZW, then it might allow it to be used on another carrier. All BB's are locked to their original carrier and, to use on another carrier, need that to be unlocked. See this article:

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the link. Prior to my Storm, all phones I had from Verizon never ahd SIM cards. Then I heard about switching SIM cards for Blackberrys.Smiley Surprised
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

On VZW, the SIM card in a BB is irrelvant. I have removed mine and it works just fine on VZW.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor

I just leave the SIM card in Storm. It's not bothering nothing. Thanks for comments.Smiley Wink
Hall of Famer III

FWIW -- my Storm was suffering from our dreaded spontaneous and random reboot problem...removing the SIM improved that situation greatly. Indeed, I often did not know how many times nor how often it rebooted -- if holstered for an hour, it could reboot 5 times and I'd never know. Until I discovered that some of my persistently running applications (persistent by my choice) were starting fresh when I'd not expect them to...that was my clue that I was suffering from the reboot problems.

Trusted Contributor

I'm happy you got problem resolved. I don't suppose you have the "Quickpull" third party application installed, it similates a battery pull. I have mine installed and set to activate at 5:10am because my Storm will turn on at 5:00am. No problems with my Storm.Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Actually, I do...I have the Pro version...and it reboots once per day. But, keep in mind that it is a simulated batt-pull...nothing truly replaces a true batt-pull. Every so often, one of those will still be required.

FWIW -- the SIM-caused reboots are not a consistent issue...not everyone experiences them. Hence the reason to post such information here -- so that others who might stumble across this thread will see that they may possibly find a solution to their problem...or perhaps not. Such is the nature of public forums such as these.

Cheers!