Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Blackberry phones showing invalid sim.

Any ideas....phone showing 'invalid sim' so therefore out of action....same in 3 different blackberry phones yet ok when put onto a non blackberry. Hubby's work phone so no access to emails, contacts etc without sim working properly. Thanks in advance. Assuming we need to get provider to replace sim?
Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: wind

Re: Blackberry phones showing invalid sim.

Hello! if the sim card is old, you might need replacement. A sim card error message that doesnt fix with a soft or hard startup, usually indicates problem with sim card itself.  Do you know if the sim card is 32k or 64k? The only difference between the two (from what I know) is that the 64k can automatically detect stronger network. If i were you, I d contact my carrier to replace sim. 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: wind

New Contributor

Not sure which tbh. It's nearly 2 years old so I guess replacement will be the answer, will get work onto it & report back. Thank you.
New Contributor

Thanks - looked at this however doesn't work in any blackberry so will try to replace sim.