Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: I dont have it

Blackberry playbook does not turn on!

Hello,

Yesterday I was using the blackberry playbook and it was working fine. 

Today I tried to turn it on and it does not. 

I tried to charge, but the LED light turns red for some seconds, and then turns off (looks like it is not charging).

I tried to hold teh power button for more than 20 seconds and still doesnt work.

What should I do?

The tablet didnt fall, or got damage...

Thanks

Sandra

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry playbook does not turn on!

Leave it charging for several hours (4-5 hours) on a known good wall outlet charger.

While still connected to the charger, press hold the power key and the UP volume key (both, simultaneously) about 20 seconds. You should get the reset started or even see some LED activity. Do you?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

i have done ...but it does not work....

Actualy my problem is little different....i was updating my blackberry playbook OS from PC ...while updating at once by mistake my pc got SHUT DOWN by me....again i updated OS after restatring computer...after that  my playbook does not charge...when i plug charger for 5 sec RED light remain ON indicating that Its Charging...but then it goes off ...and also my device doesnot get torn ON

You need to follow these instructions to "debrick" your PlayBook:

1. With the Desktop Software still open on your computer and the PlayBook powered off, connect the PlayBook to your computer once again. 
2. You should see an error screen from Desktop Software popup with the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.
Very quickly choose the Update option. If not, press and hold the power button for 20 secs. 
3. All information will on your PlayBook will be erased and a reload of the Software will commence to install on the PlayBook.
4. Once this is complete your PlayBook will go back through the initial (as if new) setup wizard (entering the BlackBerryID, etc., and then you can perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your personal data from a previous backup. Applications which you downloaded from AppWorld won't restore, but they can be easily reinstalled using AppWorld > MyWorld section of AppWorld.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: blackberry playbook 32 g
My Carrier: mtn

My daughter has a plyabook 32g.  Not even 3 months old, it does not want to turn on.  She did not drop it, cares for it very well.  What can be the problem....PLEASE

wernichventer wrote:

My daughter has a plyabook 32g.  Not even 3 months old, it does not want to turn on.  She did not drop it, cares for it very well.  What can be the problem....PLEASE

The battery is dead or extremely low. Scroll up and read this thread.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: vodacom

hi

My playbook does not want to turn on, overtime I try to switch it on it shows a red light after an orange one. I tried to switch it on by pressing the power button and the up volume still didn't work, then I connected it to my PC tried to update the soft ware then switch it on but there is still nothing. Please help!

matsobane wrote:

hi

My playbook does not want to turn on, overtime I try to switch it on it shows a red light after an orange one. I tried to switch it on by pressing the power button and the up volume still didn't work, then I connected it to my PC tried to update the soft ware then switch it on but there is still nothing. Please help!

Hey, have you read this thread and tried the information posted herein? Have you followed the suggestions exactly as posted?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: vodacom

yes i i read it over and over agin but still nothing. guys am in south africa and nobody knows how to fix it, they said i must try calling blackberry to come collect it but hey.......... fustrated for years

matsobane wrote:

yes i i read it over and over agin but still nothing. guys am in south africa and nobody knows how to fix it, they said i must try calling blackberry to come collect it but hey.......... fustrated for years

Who is "they"... your friends or ?

HAVE you called your PlayBook support number?

www.blackberry.com/playbook

Knowledge Base Updates