Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry protect not working

After logging in to BB Protect when any of the icons (view a location, etc.) are clicked IE goes into a wait mode and the wait icon spins away over the clicked icon.  I've left it for as long as 20 minutes while I searched the totally useless BB support sites.  I gave up on BB help etc.  Can never find anything there, but that's another story.

However, if you want BB Protect to work just exit Ineternet Explorer and run Google Chrome. Log in to BB Protect and away you go.  It works just fine there.  Probably works as well on Firefox but I haven't tried it.

Highlighted
My Device: BB 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Blackberry protect not working

Hi Jag,

I was facing the same problem with my BB Protect. This has nothing to do with the network provider or RIM servers.

I guess there are some bugs in either BB Protect or BB OS itself.

Let me tell you how my problem got resolved.

I was facing a problem with my FB Messenger, it was not showing new notifications.

So, I logged off FB messenger, and restarted the system (hard boot).

Strangely, the FB messenger problem got resolved and so did the BB Protect issue.

Am sure this has nothing to do with hard boot, because I tried that multiple times before, still BB Protect wont work.

Please try it once.

Hope this helps,

Zany

"Help will change the World"