Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Blackberry randomly shut off with fully battery life and now won't turn back on!

My 2 week old 9700 just randomly shut off and now won't turn back on. I have taken out the battery for 10 minutes and re-inserted it.  When I do that, the red LED light comes on for maybe a minute and then everything turns off.  Any suggestions?

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB, Z10, Bold 9700, Pearl 8110
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Blackberry randomly shut off with fully battery life and now won't turn back on!

Mine did (and still does) the same thing.  Plug it into the charger for awhile.  It should start then, and if its like mine the battery will be completely depleted.  I've not figured out why it does this.  Everything else on the unit works perfect except that.  No fixes that I've found yet.  Sorry

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Re: Blackberry randomly shut off with fully battery life and now won't turn back on!

hi,i see the date is a long time ago but hope you can help me out here...
Mine does the same thing and it is so frustrating,Did you find a solution to the problem?
PLS HELP ME!!!!it is very,very frustrating using a phone and it just turns off and wont come on till it is plugged to power supply..
Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

If you have bought your phone recently, it comes with a 12 month warranty. You can get the battery replaced under the warranty as it is a manufacturing defect.

Also, can the others mention if they had made changes to the software or updated the software just before the battery problem started?

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

[ Edited ]

hi,thanks for the reply but it was a gift and i do not have the receipt.. oh well..too bad for me.

but i don't think it is the battery anyway,I had it replaced and it does the same thing.